Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Space Monitor Needs Recall! LS27R750QEUXEN [Fire Hazard?]

(Topic created on: 28-05-2020 11:56 AM)
shaydoken
First Poster
Options

Hi

There are severe problems with the quality of Samsung products. At the moment the Space Monitor series need a recall. Could potentially be dangerous in terms of fire hazard, read further on!

Common fault with this is a clicking noise which I am experiencing constantly. Tried different wall sockets without any surge protectors or anything. Factory reset. Upgraded the firmware to the latest version. The clicking sound is coming from the back area where the navigation button is and that area get's hot over how long the monitor is powered on. This could be potentially be a fire hazard.  

Samsung need to recall these entire Space Monitor. Numerous people have been posting this fault and Samsung quietly has deleted thread/s regarding this on their own community site Example

This is very bad from Samsung. Samsung Space Monitor series are plagued with other faults not only clicking noise. Awful software where you can't tweak the colour level from 0-100, broken game mode and quality of panel colour. I posted a video about this on YouTube.

Honestly this will be my last Samsung product. Hard to advise people to get Samsung products these days. You'd thought Samsung would learn from the mistakes with Galaxy Note 7, poor quality and being dangerous. To this day, Samsung are still releasing poor quality products.

3 REPLIES 3
sumsung77
Student
Options

I have 2 27" 2K Samsung Space Monitors. One has started making a clicking sound a few days ago after having them for 3 months.  I was already skeptical about Samsung hardware which is partially why I have stuck to iPhone however, I recall years ago I was selling Samsung LCD TV's which were top of the line.  They were at their peak out-performing all of their competitors.  It seems that is no longer the case.  It seems the quality of Samsung products across the board has plummeted dramatically over the years.   I will be looking to get a replacement for these 2 displays and this will probably be the last Samsung product I purchase until after they take some drastic measures to rebuild and reclaim their reputation and position across their industries.

0 Likes
sumsung77
Student
Options

Did you keep your monitor?  Did the clicking sound go away?

0 Likes
samfields16
First Poster
Options

I am currently experiencing this issue. there are a few points I wanted to throw out there and NO I haven't fixed it please let me know if you have!!  

1. Clicks only with Displayport and not the hdmi connector. dealbreaker for me, I want to use Freesync/Gsync

2. Clicks start when coming back from windows 10 sleep mode. When I restart/full shutdown and turn on. I don't experience the "clicks" 

3. turning off the monitor and turning it back on seems to get rid of it, but come on i just bought this thing like 6 months ago. You shouldn't be having to turn off and on your monitor to stop it from annoying the brains out of you.

0 Likes