Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Shop (UK) odd behaviour

(Topic created on: 17-11-2020 07:09 PM)
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Hi Folks,

I purchased a G9 which had a pretty weird intermittent graphical glitch. Went through support to arrange a replacement, with the unit collected last week.

Yesterday I was informed that no replacements could be sourced, and would I prefer a refund. I pointed out to the advisor that samsung have an amazon store front with 20+ units available for purchase. I was then informed that samsung on amazon.co.uk and samsung UK are not the same (i.e. no cross talk on stock). How can this be so?

I did not request a refund and was happy to wait for a replacement (as the monitor is fantastic), but have found today that a refund has been processed anyway against my wishes.

I think someone needs to take charge of samsung shop (UK) as the practices are really consumer unfriendly.

For what it's worth the people on the support phoneline have been excellent.

I remain,

David

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samshop has no connection with Samsung, I think you got confused.

0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

I am pretty certain I'm not confused. The monitor was purchased directly from samsung, support was through the samsung support line. When I said Samshop in the original post I contracted samsung and shop (my mistake), I mean't to say samsung shop UK. I'm pretty sure they are connected no? I have edited the first post accordingly.

0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

I'm looking at the samsung storefront on amazon.co.uk right now and there are literally 30 units that can be ordered for delivery by Saturday.

boothscience_0-1605637037551.png

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I understand what you mean. Samshop was obviously a typo.

Intratech
Voyager
Options
This is where you'll find out that Samsung uses Capita here in the UK to manage their customer services. Capita is literally the worst outsource company I've ever come across. They not only cut corners to make maximum profit, they employ substandard individuals & have people with zero people & management skills running the place and this is reflected in the service people receive from them. Samsung won't have great customer service because of this relationship.
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

It certainly seems this way. I specifically requested a replacement, and indicated that I was prepared to wait. They asked if I would prefer a refund given stock availability, and without accepting the processed it anyway. Very odd customer service.

Should also be said that the delivery was super suss too. DPD driver who delivered to the door seemed civilised enough, but the packaging had evidence or serious mishandling, with substantive holes punched in for hand grips; even though the box has pre-punched grips at either end.

0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

So replacement G9 delivered by amazon in under 2 days, I assume bought from samsung. The samsung UK shop and support need to seriously sort themselves out.

0 Likes