Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung SCX-3405 Scanner

(Topic created on: 11-06-2018 02:10 PM)
Desibatman
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung scx-3405 multifunction printer.

Just had the latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Printer working fine but when I runnthe Scan Assitant software, cannot do anything - scan,amend changes...

Have tried various drivers but no good..

Anyone have a possible solution to this please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Iliyan
First Poster
Options

I registered to the site here just to answer any man experiencing this problem. One long year I have been waiting to fix the problem with my samsung SCX-3405 scanner problem. Ever since Windows 10 - 64 bit updated to 1803, probably a lot of people had this issue, Easy printer manager giving an error when trying to scan. When reinstalling the drivers 10 times didn't work, I found a solution to roll back Windows to earlier update, just so I can use my SCX-3405 scanner. As this option isn't available any more, because Windows updates your PC without asking, I gave up on the scanner. Yesterday I tried and for 1 hour going through the Internet, I found it, so I want to share it. 

The problem was - if you install the drivers from the samsung page of SCX-3405, or the application (if you don't know Samsung have an easy to use printer installer application) called SamsungPrinterInstaller - it installs all the needed drivers for the printer and scanner, also diagnostics, but still the Easy printer manager CAN NOT LET YOU USE THE SCANNER, even if you manually install the drivers from the download page, cycle of reinstalling scanner driver and failing.

SOLUTION: 

Use the SamsungPrinterInstaller (the site manual links should work also) as you all did, but the problem is (as I'm not that of an expert in computers), that HP or whoever is in charge of the drivers of our printers - DIDN'T ADDED THE APPLICATION TO CREATE THE DOCUMENT AFTER SCANNING, SO EASYPRINTER MANAGER GIVES YOU AN ERROR!!! The application is called Samsung Easy Document Creator from Software tab in the printer page for downloads. BUT THERE IS NO SUCK APPLICATION IS SXC-3405 DOWNLOADS PAGE FROM HP!!! You would have to download it from other similar printer page for example Samsung Xpress SL-M2070 downloads page - Software tab - Samsung Easy Document Creator, download it, install it and voala, scanner will work. Here is a link to the download page of SL-M2070 - https://support.hp.com/bg-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2070-laser-multifunction-printer...  .

Had to write this, because I was and still am p*****d at HP to not add this thing in the support page and SamsungPrinterInstaller as it is CRUCUAL to have it if you want to scan on your scanner... 

I hope I will help someone, that's why I'm waisting this time to write.

View solution in context

27 REPLIES 27
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Desibatman.

Samsung Printer support is now being managed by HP.  The number to call to reach an HP agent, is +44 (0)207 949 0416. You may also try the HP Support Web at www.hp.com/support/samsung. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Solution
Iliyan
First Poster
Options

I registered to the site here just to answer any man experiencing this problem. One long year I have been waiting to fix the problem with my samsung SCX-3405 scanner problem. Ever since Windows 10 - 64 bit updated to 1803, probably a lot of people had this issue, Easy printer manager giving an error when trying to scan. When reinstalling the drivers 10 times didn't work, I found a solution to roll back Windows to earlier update, just so I can use my SCX-3405 scanner. As this option isn't available any more, because Windows updates your PC without asking, I gave up on the scanner. Yesterday I tried and for 1 hour going through the Internet, I found it, so I want to share it. 

The problem was - if you install the drivers from the samsung page of SCX-3405, or the application (if you don't know Samsung have an easy to use printer installer application) called SamsungPrinterInstaller - it installs all the needed drivers for the printer and scanner, also diagnostics, but still the Easy printer manager CAN NOT LET YOU USE THE SCANNER, even if you manually install the drivers from the download page, cycle of reinstalling scanner driver and failing.

SOLUTION: 

Use the SamsungPrinterInstaller (the site manual links should work also) as you all did, but the problem is (as I'm not that of an expert in computers), that HP or whoever is in charge of the drivers of our printers - DIDN'T ADDED THE APPLICATION TO CREATE THE DOCUMENT AFTER SCANNING, SO EASYPRINTER MANAGER GIVES YOU AN ERROR!!! The application is called Samsung Easy Document Creator from Software tab in the printer page for downloads. BUT THERE IS NO SUCK APPLICATION IS SXC-3405 DOWNLOADS PAGE FROM HP!!! You would have to download it from other similar printer page for example Samsung Xpress SL-M2070 downloads page - Software tab - Samsung Easy Document Creator, download it, install it and voala, scanner will work. Here is a link to the download page of SL-M2070 - https://support.hp.com/bg-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2070-laser-multifunction-printer...  .

Had to write this, because I was and still am p*****d at HP to not add this thing in the support page and SamsungPrinterInstaller as it is CRUCUAL to have it if you want to scan on your scanner... 

ashija
First Poster
Options

check this page https://printerdrivers.com/samsung-scx-3405-driver/ windows 10 printer and scanner driver available download and enjoy

yummyflower
First Poster
Options

I registered for this site just to upvote your comment.  Can't believe it was this simple, this worked for me!  I have a Samsung SCX-3405W and had just about given up on ever being able to scan with it again.  Thanks a bunch!

@Iliyan wrote:

...for example Samsung Xpress SL-M2070 downloads page - Software tab - Samsung Easy Document Creator, download it, install it and voala, scanner will work. Here is a link to the download page of SL-M2070 - https://support.hp.com/bg-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2070-laser-multifunction-printer...  .

vivi7
First Poster
Options

THANK YOU!!!

Altenburger
First Poster
Options

@Iliyan wrote:

SOLUTION: 

Use the SamsungPrinterInstaller (the site manual links should work also) as you all did, but the problem is (as I'm not that of an expert in computers), that HP or whoever is in charge of the drivers of our printers - DIDN'T ADDED THE APPLICATION TO CREATE THE DOCUMENT AFTER SCANNING, SO EASYPRINTER MANAGER GIVES YOU AN ERROR!!! The application is called Samsung Easy Document Creator from Software tab in the printer page for downloads. BUT THERE IS NO SUCK APPLICATION IS SXC-3405 DOWNLOADS PAGE FROM HP!!! You would have to download it from other similar printer page for example Samsung Xpress SL-M2070 downloads page - Software tab - Samsung Easy Document Creator, download it, install it and voala, scanner will work. Here is a link to the download page of SL-M2070 - https://support.hp.com/bg-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2070-laser-multifunction-printer...essays.agency .

Thanks for the solution. I posted the same issue on HP community forum, but there was no answer.  There was an error all the time to my M2070FW printer after update to Windows 10 1803 in USB connection. But when I installed easy document creator the scanner was recognized.

0 Likes
Jodie33
Student
Options

I don't suppose you'd have a fix for mac OS? I tried your option but it's giving me an .exe file which is not compatible with my mac. 😞 the scanner is about to go out the window. I've tried everything from setting up wifi, using a new USB cord, restarting both mac and scanner, re-downloading and re-installing drivers and still it will not scan. I  can scan with vue scan but I get 'scanner reported an error 'message when using the samsung interface.. no code.. nothing else... I'm guessing it's to do with upgrading to Mojave, but I'm not sure where to go now.. 😞

0 Likes
silvia792
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem,  here https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c06209841 the solution is to download easy document creator but for mojave it doesn't exist, did someone find a solution?

0 Likes
anna-el
Student
Options

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! Same as yummyflower, I registered just to let you know how thankful I am! I too, have a Samsung SCX-3405W, and had googled high and low trying to troubleshoot the scanner problem. And just about  to give up, I tried your method. It worked! Thanks for sharing! Really appreciate it! Cheers!