Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung PSSDs for Linux

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 12:52 PM)
ToxicHolyGrenade
Apprentice
Options

Hello, this is Andrew again. Many thanks for the reply Samsung, especially the heads up regarding the manual as well. But at a future point, will there possibly be future PSSD versions that can be compatible with Linux? So that no one needs to deal with the same situation like I have?

Sincerely, Andrew

8 REPLIES 8
AntS
Options

Hi @ToxicHolyGrenade🙂

I've edited your full name from your post. (This place gets a lot of views from across the world, so sharing personal details in public on here isn't advisable.)

Can you share more info about the situation you're having? E.g. the model number of the product and the issues you're having with it?

ToxicHolyGrenade
Apprentice
Options

Despite my attempts to access my Samsung PSSD T7 drive on Linux, (I tried using Wine to run the Samsung SSD T7 app, but cannot be detected) I am incapable of accessing it apart from Windows.

I am mildly sad that this had to happen. Since my SSD does work ever since it has been purchased, I still cannot access it on Linux. So instead of a refund or an apology, I hope that you will find ways to make the Samsung PSSDs much more compatible and accessible with Linux, especially for those who had to move onto it.

0 Likes
ToxicHolyGrenade
Apprentice
Options

Are you still there?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers @ToxicHolyGrenade!

We're unable to feed back suggestions for SSD's directly from here to the relevant product team - but I do know that this place gets read by a fair few folks at Samsung, so hopefully they'll see it and take it on board. 

And if there are any other folks out there that would like Linux compatibility for Samsung PSSD's, I'd encourage them to post in and/or like this topic . 👍

ToxicHolyGrenade
Apprentice
Options

Many thanks AntS. 😉

0 Likes
Claus Fischer
Student
Options

I would like to second the original poster.
I would like to share a Samsung T7 between my Apple and my Linux computer but there is no encryption that works for both.
Please publish some code for the tool and let the Linux community create a commandline program.

0 Likes
ToxicHolyGrenade
Apprentice
Options

Just to get this straight; would that make the PSSDs more accessible on Linux?

0 Likes
Claus Fischer
Student
Options

I think it would make them more accessible, yes.
Often times PSSDs are used to share data between computers. Now I have a Macbook and a Linux desktop, and I'll soon get a Linux laptop as well. I can easily encrypt the T7 under Linux, but not in a way portable with Macbooks. And the appeal of PSSDs should be exactly that: To easily share large amounts of data between computers, encrypted.