Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Odyssey G9 and Neo G9 crashes my PC when switched or going to sleep (Nvidia GPU)

(Topic created on: 19-06-2022 12:30 PM)
Filoppi
Apprentice
Options

Windows 10 or 11, nvidia video card, latest driver. The G9 and Neo G9 have been crashing my PC for almost two years now, every time I switch it off and or, or windows puts it in standby, or when I switch to another secondary monitor, or even when I toggle games between fullscreen and not. I've been reporting it to nvidia without ever getting an answer. Given I get a crash almost every day (seems like the video driver crashes with no way to restore it, audio keeps playing in the background for some seconds).
My guess is that this monitor sends an invalid signal to the GPU (in my case RTX 3090) which makes it crash. The GPU probably shouldn't crash but the monitor also shouldn't be sending invalid signals to it.

More on that here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/tpig3l/samsung_odyssey_g9_crashes_my_pc_when_s...
There are tons of people suffering from the same issue.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Filoppi
Apprentice
Options

This is fixed on my PC, it could either be a newer version of Windows 11 or the Nvidia drivers.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BuyukBang
First Poster
Options

Hey,

I have a similar problem. Didn't see this post and created a new one:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/samsung-odyssey-g9-crashes-while-switching-fullscree...

0 Likes
Solution
Filoppi
Apprentice
Options

This is fixed on my PC, it could either be a newer version of Windows 11 or the Nvidia drivers.

0 Likes
BuyukBang
First Poster
Options

Hey, thanks for the update!

I'm have Windows 11 with the latest update (01.2023), latest NVidia drivers (528.02) on my PC and alos latest Firmware (1.0.16) installed G9; but problem still exists. Do you have any other suggestions? 

0 Likes