Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Odyssey G70A screen flickers to black

(Topic created on: 21-06-2022 01:08 PM)
Red23Wolf
Apprentice
Options

I have this monitor hooked up to my PS5. I have tried different HDMI cables & both HDMI ports on monitor with same results. At some point the screen will start to flicker and eventually go all black. I can't even see the samsung on screen menu to turn it off just have to hold power button till it shuts off. Once I turn it on again the picture is back for a while until the issue repeats. I currently running 1005.2 firmware. It's almost impossible on the Samsung site find out if this is the most up to date firmware since it shows 1004 on the website. I have used this PS5  on other Samsung Tv's an older Samsung monitor & a Dell monitor all with zero issues. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone from Samsung know about this issue & is there a fix besides returning this monitor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
Red23Wolf
Apprentice
Options

That was exactly what I did as well. Send the monitor back to Samsung. They changed a controller in my monitor too. That is the only thing that worked. I have not had a problem since

0 Likes
Amin0304
First Poster
Options

I have the same Issue, reported to the Seller i bought it from (NBB).

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/SRG9wRqVEPI

0 Likes
ricenpea
First Poster
Options
Your issue is different to the op. They just have to upgrade to the latest firmware 1008.1 and they should be fine with ps5. You are on pc and are having a gsync issue. Either turn off gsync in nvidia settings or turn off adaptive sync in the monitor settings and your issue will go away. If you want to use gsync you will have to change refresh rate to 120hz in nvidia settings.
0 Likes