Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Odyssey G70A screen flickers to black

(Topic created on: 26-03-2022 12:20 PM)
Red23Wolf
Apprentice
Options

I have this monitor hooked up to my PS5. I have tried different HDMI cables & both HDMI ports on monitor with same results. At some point the screen will start to flicker and eventually go all black. I can't even see the samsung on screen menu to turn it off just have to hold power button till it shuts off. Once I turn it on again the picture is back for a while until the issue repeats. I currently running 1005.2 firmware. It's almost impossible on the Samsung site find out if this is the most up to date firmware since it shows 1004 on the website. I have used this PS5  on other Samsung Tv's an older Samsung monitor & a Dell monitor all with zero issues. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone from Samsung know about this issue & is there a fix besides returning this monitor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dulanis77
Student
Options

I had this issue but it steadily got worse. Open a ticket with Samsung and they will have you ship it off. They ended up having to replace some controller in my panel.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
hbierik
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem but in my case it is connected to a PC (RTX 3080 TI FE). I have the issue both with a HDMI and DVI cable. In the middle of a game the screen just goes black and then after a few seconds it comes back with in the upper corner the message HDMI or Displayport depending on which port I'm using. I tried changing several settings e.g. Disable Automatic Source Switch+ but this didn't help. I had the feeling that it occurs less frequent if I change the PC/AV mode to AV.

In my case it feels like the problem is becoming more and more frequent. I bought this monitor in September 2021 just after release. In the beginning it only happened once a week and now I have the issue several times an hour. Yesterday it was not even possible to use the screen because it was almost continuously flickering to black. 

I'm also looking for new firmware but I'm currently running with 1004 which looks like the latest version.

Red23Wolf
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear you are having the same issue but it's nice to finally hear from someone else who also is seeing the same thing. I finally broke down and setup a repair service call and will be sending it back to Samsung on Thursday. I will keep you updated on what there findings are. 

0 Likes
Dulanis77
Student
Options

I am also experiencing the same issue when playing a game on my PC using the DIsplay Port.  Sadly I see no firmware updates for this monitor either. Any solutions?

0 Likes
Red23Wolf
Apprentice
Options

So Samsung received the monitor on 4/18. They send you a Ticket number so you can keep up with updates on the repair status. on 4/21 it said repairs complete. Nothing says what was actually done. I received a email today with tracking number for them sending the monitor back. Now when I go back to my products on Samsung's website under the monitor is says

SERVICE REQUEST CANCELLED ON:

TUE, APRIL 12, 2022

So I really have NO CLUE if they did absolutely anything to fix the issue. But I will check it when it get to me and update you all on if they maybe updated firmware or if the problem is fixed. But not having a good feeling about it.

0 Likes
Red23Wolf
Apprentice
Options

Ok I recieved my monitor on Friday 4/29 and I have used it all weekend and so far the monitor has not flickered or went to black as of yet. Looking at the repair statement looks as if they replaced the LCD-Panel. I also noticed that the firmware is now M-A7000GGZA-1007.1. When I go to Samsung product support website it still only show 1004.0 firmware for download. So if you are still having issues I would suggest to send it back to have them take a look at the panel and to update your firmware.

0 Likes
hbierik
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for this update. Good to read that it looks like your issue is solved. Bad thing that apparently I have to return my monitor to Samsung to get a firmware which is not yet released to the public. I will also start the route of a repair service. Hopefully they will just tell me to wait for a software solution. We will see, I will keep you posted.

0 Likes
hbierik
Apprentice
Options

Firmware 1008.1 has now been officially released on the Dutch Samsung website. Unfortunately I could not find any release notes describing what has been fixed. I have installed it anyway in the hope that it solves my black flickering issue.

0 Likes
Dirk B
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue I believe. I just purchased this monitor through Amazon and on some games it will flash black for a second then come back on with the DisplayPort on the upper left side of the screen. I just did the firmware update through the Samsung website and now have the latest version but it continues to do it. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Solution
Dulanis77
Student
Options

I had this issue but it steadily got worse. Open a ticket with Samsung and they will have you ship it off. They ended up having to replace some controller in my panel.