Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 triple screens?

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 05:39 PM)
Mattinho
Apprentice
Options

Hey everyone. I currently have 3 of the 32in Odyssey G7 monitors on pre-order for a triple screen sim racing setup but I'm hearing people say that the distortion would be horrible as the image transitions from the centre screen to the side monitors due to how deep the curve is on these monitors. So I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to whether i should keep the pre-order (which I got at a bargain price). On paper they could be amazing but at the same time it's an expensive gamble if they offer a poor experience. So what do you guys think? Any one out there with knowledge of triple screen distortion, of setting up triples or even better, anyone who has 3 of these things setup.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! 

P.S. No I don't want the G9 and my PC specs are irrelevant right now so don't let either of thoae be your comment.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

You could test them when they are released and shipped to you and if you have the problem you can still return all of them in 14 days from when they were given to you.

Otherwise you have the g9 as an option but you do not want it, so i don't know that to advise you to do.

the g7 and g9's are best in class so if you want a very good monitor setup for sim racing there is little else you can look at

0 Likes
Musurafurum
First Poster
Options

I have the G9.  The left and right ends of the monitors flatten out from the 1m radius in the last few inches.   From pictures it appears the G7 does the same.  This might be very distracting in a triple monitor setup (transition from curve to flat to flat to curve.  That's a shame too, the curve is fantastic for a multimon setup.   That said i'm getting used to the curve-straight transition on the G9 and it doesn't bother me any more.

To your original comment:  "I'm hearing people say that the distortion would be horrible as the image transitions from the centre screen to the side monitors due to how deep the curve is on these monitors. "   This is the same general complaint about multimonitor fish-eye.   The more you toe-in the outer monitors the more it exaggerates the feel of fish-eye.  I suspect you can arrange the curve of G7s  to feel the same as a conventional multimon setup.  If you've done multimon before and it didn't bother you don't worry about it.  My previous setup was aggressive toe in of 135deg between each, and it didn't bother me.  It's also a non-issue if your game supports Nvidia SMP (rare).

0 Likes
SageInferno
First Poster
Options

Keen to know how you got on with the tripple G7s. Did it work out?

0 Likes
Mattinho
Apprentice
Options
Had endless issues with getting my rig sorted. Parts missing etc but someone else I know has the same setup and he says it's awesome, apart from the annoying gsync flicker but I'm hoping it won't be as big an issue when I get an RTX 3090 but we'll see. Hopefully Nvidia and Samsung can finally fix the problem
0 Likes
IIISi Z16 HF LE
Journeyman
Options

HI can u share pictures? of your triple extreme setup ?  :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Mattinho
Apprentice
Options
Sure20221024_155234_1000000720_1666623158.jpg
IIISi Z16 HF LE
Journeyman
Options

Man u crazyyy so what's the 4th on top different ? So what maximum Hz u get ? And what do you have it connected to ? You could've get 4th or that would be too closed circle ? I have laptop 11th gen with 2x thunderbolt 4 so I can connect 4 monitors max but that would require two dockings

I probably will get second but that's about it if I get it cheap 

0 Likes
Mattinho
Apprentice
Options
4th monitor on top is a 34in Asus Rog Ultrawide. I get 240hz on the triple and 100hz in the Ultrawide. Currently running them with a 4090 and a 7900x. Having the 3 for the sims and the 4th for monitoring apps is fine and works perfectly
IIISi Z16 HF LE
Journeyman
Options

Youtuber Austin Evans made video about same triple setup check 

https://youtu.be/ATrMY4uSy_U