Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 LC27G75TQSRXXU 27" black screen when pc is turned on

(Topic created on: 16-07-2021 06:11 AM)
Geraz
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

Just got this monitor a few days ago. Something that I noticed while booting the PC up in the morning is that I get a black screen for about 2-3 seconds then it comes back, then off and so on.

I've pinned that down to Adaptive Sync being on, when I switched it off in the little window of blinking it went back to normal. Additionally, same issue today; but I've unplugged the displayport cable and put it back - that fixed it too.

Graphics card drivers are up-to-date, monitor firmware is 1010.3.

Anyone have this issue?

Edit: tried new cable and different ports, no luck.

Regards,

Geraz

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Geraz 

hello

monitor is dependent on source

test with other source to isolate the issue

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
kenryubr
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I'm using my Dell G3 with NVIDIA
GeForce GTX 1660 and G7 Odyssey 27'' as a second monitor.
My Firmware was updated to v1011 and NVIDIA drivers were updated too.

I had the same issue. Everytime that the monitor goes off (standby or turned off) and try to turn it on, it turns the lights on, HDMI is recognized but the lights goes off, monitor goes black and even the OSD stops to work.

I realized that It seems to be a misunderstanding between the monitor and the input (windows/nvidia) when turns it on.
The G7 monitor only recognized the input and turned on after I set the refresh rate to 60Hz on Windows advanced video settings or NVIDIA Control Panel.
Different from that, it only turns on if I unplug and plug HDMI again.

You can set to 144Hz after that, but when it's turned off, I always have put it back to 60Hz on Windows/NIVIDIA or unplug/plug HDMI to turn it on.

I don't know if it's either a Samsung's firmware problem or NVIDIA's driver problem.

0 Likes