Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR blackscreen problems

(Topic created on: 05-12-2020 07:37 PM)
IIOIOE
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've bought my Samsung Odyssey G7 two months ago and experienced no issues until last week.

Since then, when HDR is activated through the monitor configuration menu, sometimes it happens, that while playing Star Wars Squadrons, Dota 2 or just watching a Twitch Stream, the screen turns black for 5 seconds, and comes back showing the message: Display Port 1 (HDR).

That happens randomly with no explicit event happening before.

When SDR is activated, no problems appear.

All cables are tight and in place, I already switched the display ports. Messages still pop up and screen turns black.

Does anybody experience the same issue or know what's the problem with it?

Latest firmware from 04.09.2020 was installed with USB-drive, monitor drivers are up to date.

Windows version is 2004 (19041.508).

Thank you in advance :smiling-face:

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
Limpan
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, I got the monitor a few months back and it worked fine for me with HDR on until I installed the latest Nvidia driver. Maybe there is something wrong with the latest driver?

Hoping more peapole raise the issue, I have'nt seen much info on this when searching on the webb. 😕

IIOIOE
Journeyman
Options

Hey Limpan,

interesting realization. I will check, if I experience any further problems with the latest NVIDIA driver.

If not, maybe it was some issue with the older drivers.

Since last week I am not experiencing any more problems, but that means nothing for now.

I will keep this thread updated.

IIOIOE
Journeyman
Options

It is still happening,

random black screens for some seconds when playing, watching videos or just doing nothing.

The newest driver is installed. I dont know what the problem is 😕

Windows is also latest version, BIOS is up to date, dont know what to do.

Please help 😞

0 Likes
AKF79
Apprentice
Options

I've recently bought a G5 32'' and I've the same problem here. I've recently updated my Nvidia Drivers to version 457.51. I cannot say what could happen before this version but now I have my random black screen too.

I cannot find a firmware for this monitor or really understand what's going on.

0 Likes
IIOIOE
Journeyman
Options

You can find the firmware at this link:

https://www.samsung.com/de/support/model/LC32G74TQSUXZG/

Also the drivers are to find there.

Hmm.. maybe it's a problem with the Nvidia drivers then?

I dont know, but I think there was a driver version I experienced no problems with.

Would mean it's not a problem of the firmware or monitor drivers 😕

0 Likes
IIOIOE
Journeyman
Options

Just scroll a little bit to the bottom for the Downloads

0 Likes
AKF79
Apprentice
Options

But this is for a G7 display. It's good also for the G5 ?

0 Likes
AG83
Apprentice
Options

Any update for this? My monitor has been doing it for a few months now. It only happens with my Windows desktop with HDR in Windows enabled, but I believe it also happens with HDR turned off in Windows too. It never happens with my work laptop that isn't HDR capable at all. 

0 Likes
AKF79
Apprentice
Options

Not at all...My G5 is keeping doin this and believe me, this is the last Samsung monitor I'll ever buy. ZERO support.