Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Odyssey G7 black horizontal lines across the monitor

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 01:45 AM)
araya12
Apprentice
Options

I have bought a Samsung Odyssey G7 monitor around 3 months ago. Everything worked perfectly until last week, when my display just stopped working completely. After hopeless unplugging and plugging of the DisplayPort that came with the monitor, black stripes across the monitor appeared. I've tried to use HDMI and the black lines are still visible but not as much as for the DisplayPort output. I've also tried plugging in the monitor to another device with HDMI as I don't have a device that supports DisplayPort, the same issue persists. I do not have another monitor with a DisplayPort, so I cannot test the cable itself either.
Solutions I've already tried: 
- Self Diagnosis
- Firmware Update, it's currently on its latest version (ver 1009.3)
- Factory Reset
- Unplugging the power source and the video cable and plugging it back inBlack stripes on DisplayPort output.Black stripes on DisplayPort output.

13 REPLIES 13
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you considered this may be a driver issue?
araya12
Apprentice
Options

I'm pretty concerned it's not a driver issue, the issue occurred suddenly while I played Cyberpunk. I'm currently using another monitor with a DVI connection and it's working fine. If we're speaking about display drivers, I could try to DDU the system but I doubt it will make a difference.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's got to be worth a go, I guess.
0 Likes
araya12
Apprentice
Options

I've just discovered that the black lines are related to the refresh rate of the monitor, the lower it is, the less they show up. I'm reinstalling the display drivers now, see if it makes a difference.
UPDATE: Unfortunately the display driver reinstall brought no results what so ever.

alpacalips
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and it's driving me crazy. Maybe I'll eventually get used to it since I only notice it while web browsing and not video games

Solution
araya12
Apprentice
Options

I have sent the monitor to the repair centre, where they identified the fault with the TFT panel. It's been replaced and it works NEARLY like new. When the monitor came to me, one of the RGB lights stopped working, although this is not a big of an issue. The issue can be now marked as solved, I do hope it helps some people here, somehow.

araya12
Apprentice
Options

Maybe your issue is more related to Black Level in the monitor settings if its only web browsing. Try playing around with the values while the browser's open

0 Likes
darkelf720
Explorer
Options

Can I ask (as I am looking at buying one).  Is this the 27 Inch or 32 Inch?  Where did you purchase the Monitor?  What Graphics Card are you using with it?  Is your Display Port Lead a 1.4 compatible one?

Do I want to upgrade my current 24 inch ASUS 144hz one to this one?  It seems to be that prior to the 1009.3 Firmware update, it suffered Flickering using the G-Sync - now it suffers scanlines - is that using G-Sync or something else?

Thanks guys - any advice would be great - I don't wanna splash £600 on it if it's rubbish - I play World of Tanks / Warcraft / GTA V / COD Warzone - and use it for Netflix etc - oh and I have a RTX 2070 Super :smiling-face:

0 Likes
SquareOne14
Pioneer
Options

This is unfortunately a problem that Samsung is aware of. It will happen to all their monitors at some point, it is just a time bomb, overall it just makes them more money and creates much more waste, especially as there are no proper repair choices. I have this problem, no one will solve it or give me any options that dont cost an outright £150 to just 'have a look' but then will charge parts and labour outpricing the original monitor and i think, as it works for them, theres no real reason to address it, they used to be better than this....

0 Likes