Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey G7 - 27inch - 32 inch

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 11:01 AM)
darkelf720
Explorer
Options

Hey guys,

So I have looked at a ton of reviews for the Odyssey G7 and can't really decide.

This is my first gaming monitor change for a very long time (2016) when I bought the Asus 144hz 24 inch monitor.  Is the change worth the extra?  Will I notice a huge change between TN and VA?

My other concern is - Curved - 1000R, I know is extreme but.  I sit with my back to a patio window (normally curtains are closed anyway) and we have a 55 inch TV facing around 45 degrees over my left shoulder.  Would this effect the curve?  Will I get massive reflections, rendering the monitor useless?

Also, I am an old gamer and need something bigger maybe due to eyestrain issues.  

My desk is, as per photo.  Do the monitors both have the same size stands?

Help, advice would be gratefully appreciated.Desk 120CM Wide x 60CM DeepDesk 120CM Wide x 60CM Deep

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
darkelf720
Explorer
Options

Hey guys,

Quick update - I bought my 32 Inch downstairs (causing untold chaos) lol and popped it onto my desk - not as big as I thought to be fair.  What do you guys think?20210603_143227.jpg

0 Likes
MoxNox
Explorer
Options
Hi! Of course there is a difference between TN an VA panels. The VA are more bright and have vivid colours compared to a TN. The stand of G7 is bigger than your 24"Asus. I suggest you to have a look at Hardware Unboxed youtube channel as he reviewed the G7 quite in depth.