Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Odyssey 32 165'hz LS32AG550EUXEN - firmware update, stand-by led, TEXT CLARITY

(Topic created on: 12-02-2023 12:32 AM)
C0de7
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I rather new to gaming monitors so I first of all wanted to as is Text Clarity on this monitor able to improve somehow every thing has some sort of shadows. I tried clear type sharpness etc. its just a little off and its really annoying, any suggestions would be appriciated.

Second I am currently on firmware M-A5500GCZA-1002.4 and there is no update, while I see that the US models a 144hz versions update has even support now for 4k supersampling which this one does not is it just the newest firmware available ?

Third (this is gonna be a rant) I am really confused as to the LED stand-by function, correct me if wrong, but stand-by is when the monitor goes into sleep and stands by... currently the led in that sleep mode e.a. no signal blinks, which is super annoying if you sleep in the same room as its a rather bright blue led (this is my third Samsung monitor all do something similar I am just curious to why is this no change for 15 years now :D, all of the competitors have the option for the led to be turned off in that mode, not sure why Samsungs cannot).

6 REPLIES 6
Members_7lMC11M
Student
Options

I am in the same exact situation as you. I hope we both get some clarity on this. The blinking LED is really annoying! I also am having a problem waking the monitor up sometimes, it's hit or miss. When the monitor doesn't wake up the only thing that works is to unplug the power chord and then plug it back in.

0 Likes
C0de7
Apprentice
Options

There is a option in the settings menu for power saving and power off turn both off that seems to help the wake ups.

0 Likes
Members_7lMC11M
Student
Options

Already tried that, Not working. If I leave it for a couple of hours it might work but over night or over a longer period of time, it does the exact same thing

0 Likes
C0de7
Apprentice
Options

try display port or HDMI or just return it if you still can, literally all the other brands have better software realizations than Samsung's 15 year old reskinned menus

0 Likes
Members_7lMC11M
Student
Options

I bought it on sale so with all the issues it's still a bargain. Maybe they release a firmware update soon that would fix it. Also I ordered a new thunderbolt to DP cable maybe I have a faulty one.

Anyways thanks for your time. Really crossing my fingers for new firmware. From what I saw online they tend to fix a lot of issues.

I'm out! Peace! ✌️

0 Likes
HashimHS
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue with the wake up. The screen never wakes up from sleep unless I turn it off and leave it for a couple of hours. I am also using DP to thunderbolt.

0 Likes