Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Neo G9 HDR broken

(Topic created on: 18-08-2021 04:16 PM)
Coo225
Student
Options

HDR is broken on this monitor - colors are washed out and not in any way a HDR experience.

This has been confirmed by numerous users and a professional reviewer with professional monitor testing equipment. See youtube link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQeOkmKpBxQ&t=1241s

Can someone from Samsung comment on whether this will be fixed with a firmware update?

Thanks,
Chris

6 REPLIES 6
James45
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Jenreich
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone, I have the same problem even after updating the firmware. When turning on hdr in the game days gone, everything is colorless, there is no contrast. The samsung 55q6fn TV looks great on me, and it's a TV half as cheap. perhaps this will resolve the update. I'm starting to buy regrets. I'm disappointed.

0 Likes
Coo225
Student
Options

Hi Jenreich, 

They are working on a new firmware, 1007, based on feedback from Tim at Hardware Unboxed (check out their YouTube channel if you're not familiar). This may or may not fix the HDR issues, remains to be seen as the last firmware update did very little. I reached the end of my 14 day returns window and made the decision to return the monitor. If HDR is important to you, and Samsung do not release an adequate fix in your  14 day return window, then I would recommend asking for a return as it may never be properly fixed. Samsungs oddesey line of monitors unfortunately has a long list of issues, with hardware released years ago still not properly fixed, so you can't rely on Samsung to fix it. I'm going to wait for the 42" LG OLED releasing in January instead for a proper HDR experience.

0 Likes
Demlock
First Poster
Options

Only posting to log the issue, but I just bought the monitor. Looks amazing in SDR, HDR looks foggy. Hopefully the 1007 firmware is released soon or I'll need to return it as well.

I'm suprised that this wasn't picked up before releasing the monitor.   

0 Likes
Dariusz1989
First Poster
Options

Did u try new firmware, is it good?

0 Likes
Jenene
First Poster
Options
After installing the firmware, hdr is worth it. But hopefully samsung will continue to update.
0 Likes