Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician version 7.1.0.770

(Topic created on: 03-04-2022 08:58 PM)
Members_fqqTBbK
Apprentice
Options

Hello,
I have a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB.
My computer is under Windows 10 21H2 (in French).
I tried to update Samsung Magician but it failed.
So I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it from the latest version 7.1.0.770.
Problem when I launch I always get the message:
"Failed to initialize application. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."
PbSamsungMagician.PNG

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times with the same result.

How to solve the problem?

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14
SRS76
Navigator
Options
Version 7.1.0 is broken would uninstall it and use version 7.0.0, everyone is having major issues with version 7.1.0 know matter what windows on and if your AMD or Intel.
vjayer
Apprentice
Options

Main thread to monitor is: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/magician-7-1-0-not-initializing/td-p/5131595

and the most recent discussion centers around the SamsungMagicianSVC.exe process

For me, when the issue occurs, I can end the SamsungMagicianSVC.exe task in the Task Manager and restart Magician as temporary workaround

vjayer
Apprentice
Options

btw where can we download the older version?

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Still on the Samsung website
vjayer
Apprentice
Options

Do you have a link?

In Samsung's support page for DOWNLOAD – Tools & Software, it only shows the latest 7.1.0 for Magician:

https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/

JAS_1952
Apprentice
Options

This is what happens when you outsource your software. You don't save any money when your reputation is injured.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
They updated the page, anyway here's the older build
Sewing1243
Apprentice
Options

I'm experiencing this issue on 3 Windows 10 PCs (1 Windows 10 Pro 64 and 2 Windows 10 Home 64) that all have Samsung SSD drives installed. What I've tried so far is:
Uninstall and reinstall the App, run Windows sfc /scannow utility, and close the SamsungMagicianSVC task in Task Manager and then relaunch the app.

Uninstall/reinstall didn't help, the Window's sfc utility found and fixed an issue on all 3 PCs but I don't believe it resolved the issue, and the one sure work around is end the SamsungMagicianSVC task (an option everyone can try is just restart that service in the services tab in task manager, but that didn't appear to work every time) and relaunch the App.

I submitted a question about this via Facebook Messenger on their Facebook page, but so far they haven't felt the need to respond.

0 Likes