Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Magician v7, 980 Pro unsupported

(Topic created on: 08-10-2021 01:04 PM)
Malleybo
Journeyman
Options

HI, I have both 1tb 980 Pro and 970 EVO plus, in Samsung Magician v6.3 they both show with no problems at all, now if I upgrade it to v7 the 980 Pro's health show up as N/A and all other parts are unsupported and with the 970 EVO health show fine but like the 980 everything else shows as unsupported??

Is the Samsung Magician v7 broken? according the compatibility list they both should as supported drives?.

TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes it's the app, not your drive. I think they updated it primarily for W11 support but have overhauled the UI too. I prefer the older design without the animated loop constantly strobing. It's an odd one but the software should not have stopped detecting the 980 Pro. Maybe someone from Samsung can forward this to the appropriate department so it can be fixed @Moderators

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes it's the app, not your drive. I think they updated it primarily for W11 support but have overhauled the UI too. I prefer the older design without the animated loop constantly strobing. It's an odd one but the software should not have stopped detecting the 980 Pro. Maybe someone from Samsung can forward this to the appropriate department so it can be fixed @Moderators
0 Likes
Malleybo
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, thought it was the app, going from v6 to v7 through the update to find it doesn't work with my drives is a bit strange, had to hunt down  v6 again to reinstall it. Yeah I'm not to hot on the UI either...

Thanks for the info :smiling-face:

0 Likes