Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician Update 7.1.1 broken

(Topic created on: 29-05-2022 02:43 PM)
Random4711
Student
Options

If Samsung Magician update 7.1.1 was supposed to solve the "scanning for drives" issue then you just moved the problem to other users.

There is a "Samsung Magician Update 7.1.0 broken" topic where people experienced "scanning for drives" forever. I just upgraded from a working 7.1.0 to 7.1.1 and suddenly I got the same problem as the previous topic. I had to downgrade to 7.1.0 to solve my issue.

I've got 4 samsung SSD drives in total, two 980PRO NVMe, one 950PRO SATA and one 950EVO SATA using an ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard.

Found another thread about this after creating this thread: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/samsung-magician-new-update-available/td-p/5386181

13 REPLIES 13
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It's aimed at W11 rather than W10 by the looks of it but really the program should give release notes to read before users update. The current short popup does not suffice. I'm not overly impressed with it as a program anyway. Also I doubt it's really necessary to run it constantly. I don't have it start with Windows. If the drive is going to die Magician cannot do anything about it anymore than windows which can also warn you of drive errors. The only real reason for using it would be benchmarking or firmware upgrades if they become available. Firmware upgrades are also released as downloadable bootable ISO images and I'd suggest using them anyway.
0 Likes
GibboCAD
Student
Options

Same for me (Windows 10, latest patch day installed, B450, AMD Ryzen 2600x)update 7.1.1 gave me problem like Samsung Magician Update 7.1.0 broken doesn't run when I start my pc. I try to open it but doesnt' work, so I check the process need to close it 'cause was running (but wasn't tru) and start again. I'm gonna try to down grade to...that sad from samsung

0 Likes
Speedy-VI
First Poster
Options

I have been running v7.0.1.630 because when I updated to v7.1.0.770, Magician would crash so I went back to v7.01.630. This time I tried updating to v7.1.1.820. Same thing so back to v7.0.1.630. 

2 different machines. One is an Intel Z370 system, the other is AMD X570. Both have Samsung 980 Pro. The intel machine also has a 970 Pro and an 850 Pro (SSD). The AMD system also has a 970 Evo+. Both are running Windows 10 21H2 build 19044.1706. Nothing has worked for me since v7.0.1.630. I have tried completely uninstalling the old version first, including using Revo Uninstaller. Doesn't matter. Both of the last updates crash for me on both machines.

0 Likes
GibboCAD
Student
Options

Where can I find an official version to downgrade to v7.0.1.630? 

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Speedy-VI
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
AmirHolmes
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with update 7.1.1 on windows 10 with SSD Evo 870. The software not running at all while it keeps showing up in the background processes. I had to roll back to 7.0.1 from an old setup file I kept on my hard drive and stopped updating the software.

RandomTox
First Poster
Options

For me v7.1.1 is giving the same problem as v7.1.0. They will install, but won't run correctly.

After starting, both versions are shutting down immediately. Starting them manually, has the same effect.

Went back to v7.0.1 version that works as it should.

0 Likes
Stan2
Student
Options

I had an issue somewhat similar anyway. I have the original file from Samsung from last year for Magician 7.0.1. Kept it around here is the zip. The new one I downloaded online gave me an error saying there was some vulnerably and exited the installer so resorted to this. 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w6r64guf4fghosq/Samsung_Magician_Installer_Official_7.0.1.630.zip/fil...

0 Likes
Stan2
Student
Options

I had an issue somewhat similar anyway. I have the original file from Samsung from last year for Magician 7.0.1. Kept it around here is the zip. The new one I downloaded online gave me an error saying there was some vulnerably and exited the installer so resorted to this. 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w6r64guf4fghosq/Samsung_Magician_Installer_Official_7.0.1.630.zip/fil...

0 Likes