Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician Update 7.1.0 broken

(Topic created on: 31-03-2022 10:17 PM)
CorsSmorenburg
Student
Options

While v7.0.1 was working fine, after the update to 7.1.0 the app never finishes "scanning for drives".

Had to roll back to 7.0.1. Anyone know where / how to submit a bug report?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
jklepach
First Poster
Options

Same problem. Needed to roll back

0 Likes
Tavi2000
First Poster
Options

Same here! Got some error after 2 attempts of installing this new version. Rolled back to 7.0.

0 Likes
Animo11
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I was able to fix the errors following below steps

Step 1. Uninstall the currently running Samsung Magician. Type “appwiz.cpl” and hit “OK” to open Programs and Features, find out the software, right-click it and select “Uninstall” to remove it.

Step 2. Restart your computer to make changes available. Then, all the occupied file package will be deleted and you can start to install a fresh version.

Step 3. Go to the official download website, download and install the latest version Magician software. After the installation process completes, restart your computer and later see if your SSD can be detected.

0 Likes
Tavi2000
First Poster
Options

It seems that they repaired the installer file. Downloaded and installed. It's working now.All good.

No need to "cook" all steps Animo posted.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi all. We are aware that the latest version of  the Samsung Magician software (7.1.0) is causing some issues for some of you. We are looking into this and will update you as soon as we can. If you are still experiencing issues after rolling back the software that has been mentioned on this thread, it may be best to contact our colleagues at Hanaro via email samsungmemory@hanaro.eu

0 Likes
Sewing1243
Apprentice
Options

There appears to be at least 3 threads running on this issue or a similar issue. If the program does install and then crashed upon rebooting here is what I found and a possible workaround until Samsung resolves this issue:

"I'm experiencing this issue (Magician fails to start properly on reboot) on 3 Windows 10 PCs (1 Windows 10 Pro 64 and 2 Windows 10 Home 64) that all have Samsung SSD drives installed. What I've tried so far is:
Uninstall and reinstall the App, run Windows sfc /scannow utility, and close the SamsungMagicianSVC task in Task Manager and then relaunch the app.

Uninstall/reinstall didn't help, the Window's sfc utility found and fixed an issue on all 3 PCs but I don't believe it resolved the issue, and the one sure work around is end the SamsungMagicianSVC task (an option everyone can try is just restart that service in the services tab in task manager, but that didn't appear to work every time) and relaunch the App."

0 Likes
Speedy-VI
First Poster
Options

So is there any update from Samsung on this? For me, on an intel Z370 system and an AMD X570 system, Magician versions v7.1.0.770 and v7.1.1.820 both crash. I am back to v7.0.1.630. Both systems are running Windows 10 21H2 build 19044.1706.  Both have a Samsung 980 Pro. The intel machine also has a 970 Pro and an 850 Pro (SSD). The AMD system also has a 970 Evo+.

0 Likes