Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Magician has never worked with SSD NVMe 980 PRO

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 07:02 AM)
Members_hwsIWhR
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have a SSD Samsung 980 PRO MZ-V8P1T0BW connected to a motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F working under Windows 11. Samsung Magician is unable to manage my SSD (driver not recognized) and on top of that, since the last update to 7.1.0, I do not see my SSD anymore in the disks list. I can only see my HDD drives !

I consider that Samsung is not offering a normal support, a working software under the latest technologies. I can't update the firmware or manage the SSD... Buying a Samsung SSD seems to be a big mistake.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_hwsIWhR
Apprentice
Options

Finally Samsung has released the Magician 7.1.1 version and it is now working fine with W11.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
From the day of release Magician hasn't supported that drive, that is why they finally decided to just remove it's detection completely from the program. I have uninstalled it from my own system now because it's simply not worth keeping a program that's useless. They should stop offering it on the 980 Pro micro-site and support pages for download too really. The firmware can be updated if necessary via bootable ISO in future.
0 Likes
Hayden_LI
First Poster
Options

I had asus Z690-G WIFI.I had the same problem as you after upgrading 7.1.0 this morning. Fortunately, I experienced it once before. The specific problem was that I was using 7.0.1 at that time, and I installed Intel Rapid storage technology driver, and then I couldn't find my 980Pro. I turned on the rapid option as ON in the BIOS and saw my 980Pro in the Maigician. Remember to see the Rapid option on the first page of the EZmode mode on the mainboard.

0 Likes
ArcturusCOG
First Poster
Options

Yea my 970 EVO PLUS and my 980 PRO don't appear at all.

0 Likes
Members_hwsIWhR
Apprentice
Options

The Rapid option has always been activated from my EZmode page in BIOS. And there is no option to manage my SSD from Samsung Magician. Samsung is selling SSD without any management option and firmware updates. Shame on Samsung !!!

Tax Man
Apprentice
Options

Try downgrading to v7.0.1.  Samsung pulled 7.1.0 from their site.  Working fine for 980 PRO under Win10.  

0 Likes
Solution
Members_hwsIWhR
Apprentice
Options

Finally Samsung has released the Magician 7.1.1 version and it is now working fine with W11.

0 Likes
Ricky jensen
First Poster
Options

PROBLEM FIXED. The problem seems to be with intel rapid storage. Im also on an asus z690 board. For me turning it on seems to have totally fixed the problem for me hopes this helps someone

0 Likes