Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Magician File Classification Reporting Incorrectly

(Topic created on: 15-11-2023 12:05 AM)
AveryMeijer
First Poster
Options

Hello!

Recently upgraded the SSD in my laptop (Asus Zenbook Pro Duo 14 (13th Gen) UX8402VV) with a 990 PRO 4TB. All's working well, speeds seem fine and all. However, whenever I run "Classify Files" in Samsung Magician, it reports a wildly incorrect dataset. Take a look:

SMCF.png

Speaking with Samsung support was sadly not fruitful, as driver installations and even a Windows reset was unable to fix the issue. The drive works fine, and since I did reinstall Magician a few times with no luck, I think the issue is the software, but theres no way to know. I'm tempted to return the SSD, but I want to see if I can try some other options first as that will be a bit of a pain to do haha.

While I certainly would love to have over  16,777,215.9TB of storage to play with (might last me more then a year!), I'm 95% certain that reading is wilding incorrect. (Just a hunch!)

Everything like Windows, drivers, firmware, and software is up to date. 

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, has anyone found a fix?

Thank you!

EDIT: I would like to mention that I have done several restarts and a full windows reset. Only thing I havent done is a SSD swap, but that is my last resort.

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0