Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung m70b 32 missing alexa/google assistant

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 10:04 AM)
zajebanosaurus
Student
Options

Hi all,

I have a samsung monitor M70b LS32BM701UUXEN and by specifications it should have at least Alexa built or maybe google assistant (I just don't get what does this means "works with Google Assistant", "Alexa built in" and "works with Alexa", really?)  Does it really work? NO!

Anyway, I don't see option in settings to set anything else than bixby, does anyone knows the solution or knows what is the problem? Is it software related, does the software differs from country to country? Cause when I look online reviews people clearly have 3 options to choose for assistant and I am stuck with bixby that just doesn't flow within my eco-system.

I would also love to hear if your m7 has all of the options or some, or even one like mine?

Support is playing ping-pong with me. The monitor is on the latest software update, tried  to change region of my account - didn't help

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I run a 32 and 43 M70, both on firmware 2301, if you did not setup voice at setup, then go to the accessibility menu and setup, not sure though if it works via the remote.

Only annoying issue I have is USB C regularly doesn't work, even with the same laptop connected, usually requires a full power down and unplug, replug.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
zajebanosaurus
Student
Options

Hmmm I don't have any other option to chose except bixby, automatically goes to bixby setup 😕 Must check what firmware version I have installed...

Really? I ordered a laptop and specifically looked for one to have an usb-c with display and charging support because of that. I would be pretty bump if doest work as intended, thats just not ok.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It should ask you to sign into the Voice support you require, if you have not maybe Bixby is the default, worst case factory reset the monitor.

Yes USB C supplied with my Tab S8 Ultra, Fold3 do not work, after trialing a few i settled on a Spigen, even that is tempremental but only when using laptops, so much so on my 32" M70A i have swapped my laptop to HMDI.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes