Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy book

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 10:02 PM)
Cosmin1990
Pioneer
Options
Quick question...I kinda want to buy me a new laptop and wanna keep in the Samsung ecosystem and want to buy the galaxy book(normal one..not flip)
I kinda want the i5 not the i7(didn't see much between them).
What's your thoughts about it?Thanks
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
A Galaxy book has definitely been a tempting idea for me in the last year. But for me it'd probably be overkill since I already work on the Tab S7.

I've never experienced a machine powered by Intel's i5 or i7 so I can't comment on that. I think having everything powered by Intel's internal graphic processor can sometimes be limiting (speaking from using an older Intel-powered processor where some visual programs I used refused to run without a dedicated heavy-duty GPU which you will never get from Intel).

It depends what you want to use the book for. If for anything graphical, then even i7 processor is likely going to need you to work around its limits from time to time. If for everyday casual productivity then it should be fine.

My real worry with Galaxy books are the RAM. I think any machine operating off Windows should be running with 16 gigs of RAM minimum nowadays, which is available in the higher end Galaxy books. But an 8GB RAM model is not enough, that's the bare minimum for everyday use. On a tablet it's ok since that's powered by Android, where processes are streamlined and memory usage is kept on a far tigher leash to make sure you never get lag when you're using the program you're using on screen.

On Windows though, memory is spread to all sorts of background programs and I could see someone chucking their 8GB RAM Galaxy Book out the window in frustration after a few months of use.

If you do get one, just make sure you cover yourself on the RAM front with a 16GB model which, if I'm not mistaken, usually comes on the model with i7 processor.
Cosmin1990
Pioneer
Options
I dont need it for a fancy usage,just normal use probably not even that...some movie watch when I'm away..some downloads....and probably thats it...I think 8gb its alright for what I'm supposed to use it for(I have my almost 15 Yr samsung laptop on dual core 1.6 on 8gb ddr3 and it's still working(lagging...but working)...and now it's time to change..I want to pay les then 1000 pounds and the 16 gb one it's way over that.