Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Book Laptop warranty

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 08:08 AM)
gizz_mo
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy book is still under warranty, but suddenly just won’t power on. After a long period of charging, the green light came on indicated it’s fully charged, but it still won’t power on. Samsung will collect it via courier to repair it but they say that for security reasons they will factory reset before sending it back by courier. I really don’t want to lose my data as I hadn’t backed up recently. Does anyone know if I open it up to get to the hard drive to save my data first, will it invalidate the warranty? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SquareOne14
Pioneer
Options

I would just transfer it via usb if possible, they will do everything in their power to invalidate your warranty and the repair charges are £150 just to have it looked at, plus parts and labour. double check everything with them and get it written beforehand so they dont have any wiggle room to take advantage of you

0 Likes
gizz_mo
First Poster
Options
Thank you. Unfortunately as it won't power on there is no way to transfer the data unless its opened up. They have collected it now so I will have to see what they say.
0 Likes
SquareOne14
Pioneer
Options

Fingers crossed, as long as they dont have to all out replace it, you should be fine

0 Likes