Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Ultra UK 32GB?

(Topic created on: 22-03-2023 04:47 PM)
SDebar
Apprentice
Options

Hi, so a question I'm still not getting a clear answer from anybody at Samsung Sales/Product Support or the Experience Store:

Why does the UK website only have 16GB listed and no 32GB option for the Galaxy Book 3 Ultra?

Is this intentional or a mistake?

Every press release states that the i9 variant should come with 32GB.

All other country sites (France, Germany and Korea) have 16GB for the i7 and 32GB for the i9 (France only has 32GB listed for both the i7 or i9 - Assuming another mistake).

Can somebody confirm if this is a mistake and that the i9 variant will come with 32GB or there will be no 32GB option for the UK market?

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
MudgeMan
Journeyman
Options

I have asked several Samsung staff in their stores and they can not provide an answer. I have pre ordered the 16gb i9 model - and will return it if I am unable to upgrade the ram module

0 Likes
SDebar
Apprentice
Options
After much investigation and speaking to multiple Samsung departments over the last 2 weeks, I finally got an answer from Samsung Business in regards to this:

Turns out that the 32GB model will become available to purchase 20th March

Only 16GB currently available due to current stock limitations
MudgeMan
Journeyman
Options

If this is the case, I may have to consider cancelling my pre order. This will be a tough choice to make, as at the time of ordering I got 1TB storage for the price of 512GB, and a total of £740 in pre order discounts.

0 Likes
SDebar
Apprentice
Options
The free double storage offer really only applied to the i7 variant.

If you selected the i9 then you have to have 1TB storage (it won't let you select it otherwise) and there's no difference in price...

Yes, it'll be interesting to see if there are any offers upon the release of the 32GB model...
0 Likes
TTP
Student
Options
Did anyone manage to get to the bottom of this? Still no 32GB showing on website and Chat Support weren't able to clarify. Book 3 Ultra i9 looks ideal but only with 32GB.
0 Likes
SDebar
Apprentice
Options
I spoke with Samsung Business earlier today.

The person I spoke with was under the assumption that 32GB would be made available at the end of April 🙄

Awaiting a callback with more clarity/confirmation...
0 Likes
SDebar
Apprentice
Options
So I've just received a further update from Samsung Business:

Unfortunately, it turns out that the 32GB model will NOT be made available to the UK market after all.

Apparently, the 32GB model is to EU Spec (not UK) and so, if it ever needed any repair work carried out, it would have to be shipped to mainland Europe every time.
TTP
Student
Options
Thank you. Very helpful.
Will look elsewhere for a different laptop.

Shame.
Looked ideal 16", <2kg laptop with dgpu, i9 and 32GB.

I'm sure there will be many in the UK that won't want to buy this because it's only got 16GB and non upgradable.

Very odd decision to not have a 32GB version.
MudgeMan
Journeyman
Options

I returned my 16gb model. The GPU is throttled even when plugged in. Also the screen has a weird quirk where the panel is masked off at the corners to show rounded curves, but the operating system behaves as if the corners are square and so the pixels are hidden.

0 Likes