Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy book 2 Pro 360 Heat & Fan

(Topic created on: 13-05-2022 11:56 PM)
Jerry23
Apprentice
Options

Dear all,

I am just wondering if it is normal, as my galaxy book tends to get kinda hot overtime, and I am not even using it heavily (just simply some internet browsing and playing videos online).

I have also noticed that air is coming out only on the right side of the laptop (red arrows):

Jerry23_0-1652482482028.png

Should I be expecting air to be coming out from each end of the laptop? As if I understand correctly it is a dual fan located in both ends? This as a result the left part of my laptop gets even hotter.

Thank you for your help!

10 REPLIES 10
Daknee909
First Poster
Options

Hello, earlier today I was at a party trying to do homework, was not able to focus so I closed and put my 360 pro 2 in my backpack, about 5 hours later I am now opening my laptop and it is super hot for whatever reason. I only got this about 90 days ago. IDK how to feel about this.

Kalpesh Chaudhari
First Poster
Options

Hello I am Kalpesh Choudhary, just yesterday I bought this Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 laptop.

I am also facing same problem. I haven't even completed 24 hours by buying a laptop. And I haven't run any applications. Still the laptop is getting very hot from the bottom and side of the keyboard. If the laptop is heating up without using it, then if I open the application of premiere pro or any photoshop, then at that time the laptop will be very hot and after keeping my hand on the keyboard it is feeling very hot as if I have just- Right now after pressing a shirt, if you feel how hot it feels after touching that shirt.

If the laptop is getting so hot without using any heavy software, then the CPU will burn while rendering the video.

Members_ZUkBFUG
First Poster
Options

Hello all of you,

yesterday i bought GALAXY BOOK 2 PRO 360 today i receved but I am also facing same problem. I haven't even completed 24 hours by buying a laptop.  the laptop is getting very hot from the bottom and side of the keyboard. i thing its not normal what should i do? tahnk you.

0 Likes
Book 2 Pro 360
First Poster
Options

My Book2 pro 360  13inch is having same problem. Even for browsing, the system gets overheated so quickly.

I have purchased initial launch and it was delivered to me on April 11 2022.

Device name BOOK-4AIVPS9KT1
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1260P 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)
Device ID 79489D6C-C432-46D4-9312-13D95EBCBC8D
Product ID 00342-42312-84198-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

I require suggestion to overcome.

Can I take it samsung Service centre , 

0 Likes
mategeland
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem!

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Jerry23 @mategeland @Book 2 Pro 360 @Members_ZUkBFUG @Kalpesh Chaudhari 

Hello ☺

As a fix for heating / fan, try running the Samsung Update app → update all available → then restart the book.

For the other side of vent, this should be the part where the air is sucked in ☺

Cheers!

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Members_L4yvP60
First Poster
Options

I run my Galaxy Book 2 360 in Quiet mode wich gives me the best balance between performance, heat and fan noise. I do also use a mini fan on all my laptops in general (runs quieter and for a longer device lifetime in general). Unfortunately, moste of the cooling bases are too big an noisy, so I am using this portable thingy which is pretty handy and totally does it's job https://www.amazon.com/-/en/Profectlen-port%C3%A1til-ventilador-enfriador-almohadilla/dp/B09327CP23/...

One very annoying thing with the Galaxy Book 2 360: most of the time it does not understand the "close lid" settings of the Power Settings. In fact sometimes the "close lid" setting does not even show up. So the device continues running even when you close the lid. The worst in case you store the device in a bag or backpack, it will overhead immediately. You can solve this with the following registry setting. I send my device to hibernate when I close the lid... Add or Remove Lid close action from Power Options in Windows | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

61MwGLHCjmL.jpgScreenshot 2022-08-30 111830.jpg

0 Likes
BamaKay
First Poster
Options

I just got my laptop yesterday and this morning I noticed my fan wouldn't stop running and the laptop was super hot!  Finally, I moved the screen from the 90 degree angle I had it at and just by tilting it back a few degrees, the laptop is already cooled down and the fan stopped. 

Hope this helps someone else!

0 Likes
Vish_16
First Poster
Options

I have also the same problem. it is cold weather in India now but today when I start my galaxy book 2 pro (i7 15.5 inch) and run a YouTube video then the right fan automatically turns on and it is very fast it turned on for much time. it is not so happened to me before. But the left fan does not start. I don`t have any enabled apps in background except window security. 

But I don't know why only the right fan is started very fast for approx. 4 to 5 min. Then I restarted my laptop, during restarting the right fan is also being spinning very fast. And it stops for 1 sec when i am on lock screen.

after restart the right fan start for 15 sec and shuts down and start second time for 3 to 4 sec.

my laptop has clean vents. I want to know why this is happening. If it can be resolved by any software update, please provide it.

0 Likes