Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung G5 Odyssey Issue / Half Screen is Dark

(Topic created on: 25-07-2021 07:04 PM)
GuillermoLeonPy
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone, I hope you are very well. I have read a query  at https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/samsung-g5-odyssey-issue-half-screen-is-dark/td-p/3...

It happened to me during the tests carried out in the store where I bought the monitor when we used a display port 1.1 cable to try to use the free sync functionality. It was a poor quality cable with no manufacturer's mark. We turned the monitor off and on again and the problem did not recur until 24 hours ago, in which it has already happened 2 times. The problem is corrected by turning the monitor off and on. Currently I use it with an accell brand display port 1.4 cable. I bought the monitor less than three months ago. I wonder if it is a reason to apply the guarantee or if it is a problem with no other consequence than the need to turn the monitor off and on so that the problem can be corrected.

I will be very grateful for the answers. Greetings

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Are you Nvidia or AMD?

I have the G5 and personally G-sync just made the monitor worse.

Try adjusting the settings and I would suggest turning off Freesync, even more so if your are Nvidia.

Play around with the settings to suit you. My monitor is perfect and the best monitor I've ever had, hands down.
0 Likes