Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Evo 64gb micro-SD - 2 weeks young - data loss and unable to format

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 06:03 PM)
Mike8040
First Poster
Options

The bad devices is a 2 week young Samsung EVO 64GB which I wanted to backup the first time... There are important photos (~200 taken with a Nikon) for my work and I'm shocked that this Samsung "quality" product is such a disaster.

For some reason the SD card gets only recognized with 7791MB out of 64GB it does have. And I have the impression that this is the reason why I don't have success with Photorec recovery software. I can't format and can't recover..

Any help is much appreciated!

What I tried till now:
Wondershare RecoverIt, Disk-Recover, Recuva etc
Tested different PCs and SD reader slots
I did a quick format with Win as it was recommend for a Wondershare tutorial...
5-6 passes with Photorec with 0 results
3-4 passes with Testdisc
Advanced -> type -> Fat32
Deeper search -> no success

rebuild-02

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
Try with samsung support. What seems to have there is a bad, partition table. Maybe they have specific software to repair it for you. You've got 2 yrs warranty
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Are you 100% sure the card is not a counterfeit?
0 Likes
Mike8040
First Poster
Options

Its from reputable Seller and/or directly from Amazon. The speed test I made were amazing and better then the specs indicate, so I guess this was genuine Samsung "Quality".

I did contact the warranty department. Still looking for a solution. This is a terrible experience not being able to backup the data once. I'm gonna stay away from Samsung memory cards from now on as this happen to me with a Samsung card before years ago...

0 Likes