Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung CLP -365W Blinking Lights & Unuseable after firmware update

(Topic created on: 03-11-2020 02:00 AM)
sanman_11
Student
Options

I recently updated the Firmware on my CLP-365W printer which was working perfectly fine minutes before.  After updating all the lights started flashing and the unit cannot be powered off (have to unplug).  No button is responding.

I have googled this and many people have had the same problem with the firmware V3.00.02.19.

I only use Samsung Toner cartridges.

As well, I cannot seem to undo this as when I go the the firmware updater all it says is 'You have the latest firmware' - which is the problem.

I want to do a factory reset but cannot find anyway to do that either.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @sanman_11., sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your printer. I recommend getting in touch with HP who now provides support, servicing, and existing warranties for Samsung printers.

0 Likes
yaodc
First Poster
Options

Were you able to get it fixed? My printer is having the same problem

0 Likes
paddy6977
First Poster
Options

Just happened to mine too! ALL genuine Samsung. Thought I would update the firmware as there was one. Now printer is useless. THEY NEED TO SORT THIS!

sanman_11
Student
Options

Update: I called them.  The first tech support guy said he can’t do anything.  I asked for a supervisor and they put me onto a second person.  He was great, he actually showed me why the first firmware process was wrong - even though you use their installer.  So we tried the new way.  After 2 attempts with two different computers, he told me the original attempt to download the firmware probably wiped out the old one and probably never got the new Version on thus rendering the printer with no firmware.  This is why the printer cannot be recognized by any of the 2 computers we hooked up- the computers don’t recognize a printer with no firmware.  So bottom line is I can’t apply the new firmware because the computer has to recognize the printer in order to do that.  So now I have to try to find a technician that can flash the firmware onto the printer in another way - he says that’s possible but will cost $.  So I am on the hunt.  If anyone knows how to do this let me know.

0 Likes
andrew33333
First Poster
Options

I had same problem with my Samsung Xpress C410W. I had a bit paper jam.then firmware upgrade then all light blinking and not-usable anymore. I had non-genuine toner. xxxx Solution: even though HP says you can not backward firmware upgrade, you can!

I did it and now mine is working*****

what I did:

go following web address and download old firmware:

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/PRINTER/Samsung/Samsung-Xpress-C410W-Printer-Firmware-3xx0202.shtm...

then download it and unzip it. I disconnected my computer from internet and uninstalled all Samsung softwares. then I connect printer through USB (computer recognized my USB printer though). then I ran SL-C410W_V3.xx.02.02.exe and waited till green lights solid. everything is fixed now *********

0 Likes
Skrutt
First Poster
Options

Happened to me too yesterday. Contacted Samsung Sweden - but they did not deal with printers anymore!

0 Likes
dialinking
First Poster
Options

I tried to flash back every version of the older firmware that I could find without luck! I was able to get the webpage up for the printer, authenticated as admin password sec00000 and then into the maintenance section. I uploaded the failed firmware that created the problem, and used the sync to flash the firmware in a different program. It worked! lights stopped flashing, and now I can communicate and print without issues. Try the printer webpage, if you can get to that with some connection, then you can use the firmware (lastest you downloaded) tool to update the printer. It takes about 10 min from the time I flashed to printing from my computers. Good Luck everyone!

0 Likes