Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Book X55 very slow

(Topic created on: 21-06-2022 01:23 AM)
gscofano
Apprentice
Options

I started at a new job and my workstation has a Samsung Book X55 laptop. I'm not the first user, but the operating system seems to be clear (probably the last user had a reset to factory defaults). It runs Windows 11. The problem is that it is super slow, it takes minutes to do simple things such  as open the Downloads folder.

I opened the Task Manager and the resource constraints were in the HD. Apparently, the operating system lies in the HD and not in the SSD. 

How do I move Windows to the SSD drive without corrupting the system? Is there a safe way to do that?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
You can re-install a fresh copy of windows by creating an ISO file on a USB stick, you will be able to select which drive you want to install it on. Its quite a timely task though as you'll need to set up everything from new and install updates and drivers etc.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Don't do anything or your new job won't last that long. Speak to your manager and find out who is responsible for maintaining the IT equipment. That person alone should sort the mess out
0 Likes
gscofano
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your answer @Ksmy89 . How do I get this fresh copy of Windows? The only one I have is the one that came with the computer.

0 Likes
gscofano
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your suggestion @antikythera , but we don't have an IT department. My manager told me that any solution I could find would be fine.

Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes