Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB is not recognised by samsung magician and samsung data migration

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 06:26 PM)
aloneng
First Poster
Options

So yeah , my 980 pro is not recognised by the samsung magician right now , let me describe the course of events:
1. installed the drive and turned on the computer
2. samsung magician recognized the 980 pro and offered a new firmware
3. installed it and the firmware update turned off my pc by itself (so it went good i guess (?))
4. turned on my pc and now the 980 pro is not recognized by the samsung magican 

note:
the samsung magician was at the latest firmware version (7.0.0) , same goes to my motherboard bios

i tried to downgrade samsung magician to 6.3 and 6.2 , didn't change anything, the bios settings for the was already ahcl ahead of installing , and still now, every other program recognize the drive , the drive works fine (pcie 3.0 speeds since z270, but still, till i upgrade cpu and motherboard).

tried as well to install samsung nvm express driver (3.3)  , but i get an error for : 
"Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. connect the Device and try again.

i'm clueless to what cause that, i think the firmware is corrupted after the update, no clue how to fix it (that's why im posting here), and its frustrating since i can't use it for its purpuse since the samsung data migration is not recognizing it either. both the program recognize my 860 fine (860 to 980)

adding screenshots:
(the drive is D:\)

aloneng_2-1636134531584.png

aloneng_0-1636136811006.png

specs:
cpu: i7 7700k
ram: corsair lpx 3200mhz 8GB*2
motherboard: gigabyte z270hd3

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
aloneng
First Poster
Options

ok , so i solved it , windows trolled me , in case anyone else is expriencing the same symptoms with his drive, it was caused by windows with its storage pool (just delete the storage pool) and it will fix it. 

0 Likes
ZacCthatsMe
First Poster
Options

What do you mean by delete the storage pool? I'm having the same issues as you?

0 Likes
veilvokay
First Poster
Options

Have you figured it out ?
No idea what this 'solution' means

0 Likes
NoIvan
First Poster
Options

This guy's an *****, but...What he REALLY means is delete any partitions on your drive before cloning and try again with the latest Data Migration sw.  To do that, plug your disk into an external drive unit and then into your Windows computer. Then open PowerShell as an Administrator.

Type Get-Disk (return)
Find the disk you want to clear. Let's say it's disk 1.
Type Clear-Disk -Number 1 -RemoveData -RemoveOEM (return)
It'll ask you to verify with Y or A. Either works. 
That's it, the disk is wiped, crisp and clean...then go and do your migration. Migration Assistant will find it right away. Don't try to examine the drive with Disk Management, because Windows will initialize the disk, and you're back to square 1. 

0 Likes