Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 970 EVO PLUS very slow WHY ???

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 12:03 AM)
hakancevahir
First Poster
Options

I have 500gb samsung 970 evo plus nvme memory. I plugged it into my newly purchased lenovo gaming 3 15IHU6 coded notebook computer. but the read speed is 1768 and the write speed is 1729. why the product does not work at its own pace. Where is the problem? Could you help.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Manderline
First Poster
Options
Cool
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
hakancevahir
First Poster
Options

I recently updated the bios. I reinstalled the chipset drivers with phone support from lenovo. but I could not bring the speed to the required values. I am looking for a solution from an expert.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What processor and RAM is in your Ideapad gaming 3? That will have an impact on the nvme speed (PCIe lane count, cache level), as will the RAM. Use CPU-Z to identify both if necessary. I put two in my Legion 7 with Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX3060, 32GB dual rank DDR4-3200 (Samsung RAM installed at the same time as the nvme drives) and they both run at full speed

Also what operating system and which power profile, running on battery or with the power brick? Did you use crystalmark to bench the speeds? It's more reliable than Samsung's utility.

I know it's six million and one questions but you want it sorted so they have to be asked
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Also ask on Lenovo Legion Discord and we'll continue it on there, it's easier to attach stuff and you'll get a faster reply than here about your laptop. https://discord.gg/lenovolegion
0 Likes