Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung 870 QVO 2tb is really slow

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 05:37 PM)
Eskoh
First Poster
Options

Näyttökuva (10).png

I have the ssd connected with an 2.5" HDD/SSD SATA enclosure it has usb 3.1 gen 2, sata 3.0 and supports 2tb. I have ahci enabled.

Näyttökuva (12).png  these are my specs and motherboard is a hp model  8643 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried connecting it directly to the MB with a sata cable, just to double check the speed isn't being limited by the enclosure or any ports.

We need to start isolating variables to find exactly where the problem lies, start by ruling out the easy stuff like cables, ports, adapters etc

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried connecting it directly to the MB with a sata cable, just to double check the speed isn't being limited by the enclosure or any ports.

We need to start isolating variables to find exactly where the problem lies, start by ruling out the easy stuff like cables, ports, adapters etc
0 Likes
Eskoh
First Poster
Options

that isn't really an option cause i have an hp pavilion prebuilt and i don't want to damage it.

Also the samsung magician software doesn't detect the ssd cause i have it connected with usb and i have not found a way to update the firmware without the magician software.

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Even if its pre built it will have some hdd/ssd brackets or mounting areas, and maybe even spare sata cables, for upgrading storage. If you're unable to perform these troubleshooting steps on the hardware then there isn't much anyone can do to help you.
0 Likes
Eskoh
First Poster
Options

Okay i got it inside the case after watching some youtube tutorials and the speed is now 558mb/s so it's now good. The problem was the enclosure i guess?

0 Likes
DilSingh
First Poster
Options

It's been almost 2 years since this last post. I wonder if you found out why the caddy performed so slowly? 

I am using a similar, capable caddy. but I have the same results as you 

0 Likes