Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Memory (RAM) upgrade advice for Samsung RF711-S07UK 17.3 Inch Core i7 Entertainment Laptop NP-RF711-S07UK

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 09:50 PM)
mcuk
Student
Options

Hello,

Sub: Samsung RF711-S07UK 17.3 Inch Core i7 Entertainment Laptop NP-RF711-S07UK Memory (RAM) upgrade

Would appreciate to receive technical guidance and/or advice on the best course of action for a RAM upgrade - this is for my graphics work.

I am unable to locate an in-depth technical specification for the NP-RF711-S07UK laptop in Samsung website due to which I am unable to locate precise information on the memory upgrade possibilities. I located this User Manual (XP/Vista/Windows7) with little or no in-depth info on what is the max that each memory module could hold.

I have 8GB memory already installed on Windows 10 Pro OS on this laptop and wanted to upgrade to a higher RAM capacity.  I read some one confirming the possibly that the laptop could support up to 16GB (2 x 8GB) RAM on Windows 10 OS. 

Is this information correct or real? Have any one of you done a RAM upgrade on NP-RF711-S07UK laptop to anything beyond 8GB? 

Kindly share insight and other related relevant information.

Thank you!

#RAM, #Upgrade, #Memory,  #NP-RF711-S07UK, #NP-RF711

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
max seems to be 8GB according to the parts sites offering compatible upgrades when searching with your specific NP-RF711-S07UK
0 Likes
mcuk
Student
Options

Thank you for the replay but I am hoping to see if there is any hope left for a 16GB upgrade.

My hope becomes more stronger since I paid a lot of money for this laptop which is stuck at 8GB but another Toshiba laptop that I got FREE with a mobile contract is tech ready to upgrade to 16GB 😞

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Be very wary of anyone telling you it will take 16GB without providing proof. Also, adding more RAM won't increase how much the NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M can actually use, it has it's own soldered 2GB separate to the installed 8GB RAM modules. All it would do is reduce disk paging when you open larger projects on the laptop or multiple applications at once. It won't make the GPU render any faster
0 Likes