Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent photo update

(Topic created on: 05-07-2018 02:17 AM)
Saskia28
Apprentice
Options

Does anybody else think that the recent update to camera/photo edit (I have Galaxy s7) are the worst ever?  Diabolical, primitive.  Photo edit was so good before, I loved it.  Now they've removed the options I used most: brightness, contrast, saturation and as far as I can see they just want me to stick on emoji or write text.  Stooopid.  Dumb.  Anybody else out there having problems or is it simply me that's dumb?  To me the camera is now useless 😰😬🤯😩

9 REPLIES 9
CarlH
Options

Hi @Saskia28. On the picture you wish to edit, tap the menu (3 dots) > Open Editor. Can  you see any options here for changing the brightness and contrast?

0 Likes
Saskia28
Apprentice
Options
No. I can see (starting from left): crop/rotate; (what used to be) effects; stickers; text and paint colours (where they have a pen icon, a size icon & backward & fwd arrows..
A load rubbish (as far as I'm concerned). No contrast, no brightness, no saturation which were the features I used most before. I am not happy. I want to take decent photos, not mess around with emojis, stickers & draw all over them. This stuff is for kids.
Does there exist an App entitled "block all updates" ?! If so, I would download it in an instant.
Saskia28
Apprentice
Options
Oops, gottit now. Three dots & Open in Photo Editor Pro. Sorreee! I hadn't read you correctly. Thanks.
0 Likes
Saskia28
Apprentice
Options

Can I make the Photo Editor Pro my default ?

0 Likes
MasukaH
Voyager
Options

Hey @Saskia28

Glad to hear you've found the settings! We're afraid third party apps can't be selected as the default option, hope this helps! 

:womanhappy:

0 Likes
DiZzignZ
Student
Options

The problem is you have moved the adult functions farther away and are turning the camera/gallery into a kids social media toy. Thats ok if you can customise it back, but you can't so its spoiling things. I would like the camera to open in pro mode not dumbed down. There are loads of apps out there, so let me disable things and leave you and the kids to play with your stickers.

DiZzignZ
Student
Options

@MasukaH wrote:

Hey @Saskia28

Glad to hear you've found the settings! We're afraid third party apps can't be selected as the default option, hope this helps! 

:womanhappy:

The problem is you have moved the adult functions farther away and are turning the camera/gallery into a kids social media toy. Thats ok if you can customise it back, but you can't so its spoiling things. I would like the camera to open in pro mode not dumbed down. There are loads of apps out there, so let me disable things and leave you and the kids to play with your stickers.

0 Likes
Saskia28
Apprentice
Options

@DiZzignZ wrote:

I so agree.  An update for kids.  Play stuff.  Bad move, Samsung.

0 Likes
Sugary1
Apprentice
Options

Picture in picture had gone now too. I really hate this recent update & have decided it may be time to kiss SammySung goodbye, after so many loyal years! Every update chips away more and more grown up features. Really not impressed. Time to move on..!

0 Likes