Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable SSD

(Topic created on: 27-06-2022 11:44 PM)
difficultoldwoman
First Poster
Options

I am using a laptop running Windows 10, all up to date.
I have 2 Portable SSD T5.
I used the first T5 to store a number of files and added to them from time to time, the last time being about 3 months ago.

When I plugged the second T5 in, about 10 days ago, it showed me only the T5 SETUP partition, 80Mb, the rest of the space on the device is unaccessible. Running Windows Disk Management also shows only the SETUP partition. I ran SETUP.EXE and set a password but that made no change to access to the rest of the SSD.

Now - if I plug in that second SSD I can still see only the SETUP partition and the password doesn't work either. When it is connected to the laptop it automatically starts SETUP.EXE.
What is even worse is that it does exactly the same when I plug in my original SSD so now I can't access the data I know is there.

So what's going on? Can I fix it?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
mattm1atduckdotcom
First Poster
Options
Sounds tricky to me, but, try writing in to Computeractive magazine. They have some very clever people working there & don't half sort out a lot of tricky problems for their readers. Anyway, best of luck, M
0 Likes
difficultoldwoman
First Poster
Options

If all the Samsung community can suggest is to write to a magazine I can't say I'm impressed, sorry mattm.

Do I take it there is no actual Samsung support involved in the community?

0 Likes
mattm1atduckdotcom
First Poster
Options
Of course there will be Samsung support in the community, it's a big company with a lot of customers. But, when things get tricky or you are getting nowhere or at the end of your tether, it is always good to get an expert or someone who sorts these things out for a living. Hence my suggestion contact Computeractive magazine, they usually try & help. Failing that you COULD book in to Samsung & they will give you a time slot, don't think that will be cheap OR free.
Just a suggestion, hope you get it sorted, M
0 Likes