Support

Open search

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

Highlighted

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

143 REPLIES 143
Highlighted

No updates    

It works as a DVD    But not Blue Ray. 

I'm going to assign ity to my Raspberry Pi and see if it works on that

Otherwise  Expensive  Paper Weight

Highlighted

yes. Samsung put a bolt on this apparent problem. "Think for yourself-decide for yourself. We don't care"

Highlighted

how weird though, i was saying in my post all I did was change the cable to a double ended usb, as i dont think there was enough power supplied.

Once i switch the cable my pc detected the bluray player and I was able to burn a bluray disc and play back a bluray movie on it.

No windows drivers needed, just plug and play. Surely other people in this thread cant all be having issues ? are you all using a split usb cable ?

Highlighted

@starwarsnerd wrote:

how weird though, i was saying in my post all I did was change the cable to a double ended usb, as i dont think there was enough power supplied.

Once i switch the cable my pc detected the bluray player and I was able to burn a bluray disc and play back a bluray movie on it.

No windows drivers needed, just plug and play. Surely other people in this thread cant all be having issues ? are you all using a split usb cable ?

Yes. I do the same. Y-Cable and 2speed writing IS possible 🤷🏻‍♂️

Highlighted

Windows 10 home edition will see and play/rip music CDs and DVDs.

However when I put a bluray disc that is clean and new and works with my bluray player in our living room.

Nothing then happens, the drive will eject discs, the activity light flashes for a few seconds, but that is about it.,

the disc will not be seen or recognised by Windows 10. As I mentioned, CD and DVD work fine

but Bluray nothing. When I originally installed the drive into my PC everything was fine and I was very pleased with it,

but nothing has worked since a few windows updates ago. I like to be able to pop up stairs and put a movie on while my wife watches her TV programs. please help me resolve this issue.

Highlighted

Hi, I lost a few months, I did all the necessary tests if it doesn't work, forget it and buy a new burner.

Highlighted

don't work with windows 10 32 bits

Highlighted

im using windows 10 Pro, still working fine playing and burning blurays. As you can see the movie title it works, no drivers was needed, just a Y split usb cable for added power.

samsung bluray player.JPGbluray portable player.JPG

Highlighted

the device works surprisingly selectively. someone has no problems, and someone does not

Highlighted
Apprentice
Top Liked Authors