Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

(Topic created on: 24-06-2018 06:09 PM)
alex_74o
First Poster
Options

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

154 REPLIES 154
AntS
Options

Hi all.

Apologies for the lack of update. Just to let you know we are still looking into this.

The investigation is proving to be a lot more problematic than we anticipated, as it turns out that Samsung sold this particular product line, support and knowledge base for it a while ago, and the company it eventually ended up at has gone into liquidation - making finding who owns the relevant info and support now and any answers for you very difficult. Despite that, we're still chasing this, and the matter is currently high up with main Samsung HQ. Thank you for your patience - and for your continued informative contributions.

karldief
First Poster
Options

I also have the prtable BD writer Model SE-506.  Will play DVDs but NOT the BD-R discs I have burned on it.  I made a note that I burned one on 3/19/17 and it will not play this disc.  Grinds for awhile, then spits it out.  Now my data backup is worthless!  I cant believe what a waste of money this was.  I am using the latest version of windows 10.

KizginMusteri
Apprentice
Options

I also have the same problem with Blu Ray SE-506 and very frustrated. It wasn't easy to find this support.. www.tsstodd.com website no longer there and full of spammers and possible viruses..  Not finding drivers or any mention of this devioce on the Samsung website is very disappointing. 

KizginMusteri
Apprentice
Options

I also have the same problem with Blu Ray SE-506 and very frustrated. It wasn't easy to find this support.. www.tsstodd.com website no longer there and full of spammers and possible viruses..  Not finding drivers or any mention of this device on the Samsung website is very disappointing. 

KizginMusteri
Apprentice
Options

Dear AntS,

I have just looked at the start of complaints about SE-506 on this thread

It is over a year ago.............  01/05/2017....

This is not acceptable....

Walruzoar
First Poster
Options

Come on Samsung: to have a Blu-ray Disk drive that can handle Blu-ray disks - surely that isn't too much to ask for?...

Manufacturerd by TSST (Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology).

To confirm the issue: works for CD & DVD, doesn't work with Blu-ray disks.

Updated firmware ASAP please!

DSC_0008.JPG

Richy22
Apprentice
Options

Is anything ever going to be accomplished with this BD Writer? I've read the thread from beginning to end and I'm starting to think I'd just be better off buying a brand new NON-SAMSUNG drive. Do some research and see which of their competitors has one similar with support for the product that lasts a lot longer than it has for this drive.

I am using a MacBook Pro and the drive used to work for me too. Now it will only play DVDs and won't even pick up a Blu-Ray Disc. Just hums, spins, reads, clicks and then stops. 

Any word on Samsung's solution to this Moderators? 

Alain2016
First Poster
Options

i got a failure of my portable HP laptop internal harddrive. It does not have an internal blue ray disk reader. thus i need to include the driver inside the flashusb external key. please, send it to me.

thank you

regards

Alain Guibert

0 Likes
jbarta
First Poster
Options

Is there any update on this?

I bought a device (SE-506CB) in 2016 but it’s not working. We are still waiting for the new firmware but seems to me that there is nothing in the background!

@Moderator, can you tell us the options we have now? E.g.:

• Firmware upgrade (preferred one)
  • Reimbursement
  • Replacement

???

Since this issue effects lots of people, most probably can be the subject of a class action lawsuit…

JnSchl
Student
Options
Any news on these issues? I also have such a not working device...
0 Likes