Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

(Topic created on: 03-08-2020 05:30 PM)
alex_74o
First Poster
Options

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

154 REPLIES 154
Bradypus
Apprentice
Options

I solved my problem. It was just a silly thing.
Just found another CD/DVD hidden in the SE-506.
Now it works. I run Windows 10 64bit. Before solved the device was seen as cd/DVD driver /reader nut not BD.
Hope to be useful  (I spent only 2 afternoon)

0 Likes
NNestor
Journeyman
Options

неясно. as a DVD, I didn't stop working. but if you put BD-RW inside, the device simply does not see such a disk, turns-turns and that's it

demonspike
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I just bought this SE-506CB a week ago. At first, it can not write to BD-R 25GB, I have used 6 BD-R and all failed. After I update the FW to TS002, then change the cable to USB Y cable, it can write to BD-R 25GB using Nero Burning ROM, speed 2x.

But, when I used BD-R DL 50GB, It still cannot work. I trashed 5 BD-R DL. I'm using Windows 10, with 130GB space on my hard drive.

Anybody can provide any help on this ?

0 Likes
ULRICH_SW
Apprentice
Options

years later ... I just connected my portable BD Writer Model SE-506 to prepare for a trip ... and the recently updated Windows 10 version does not recognize it ... when searching here for a solution I only found this very old question ... so: years later, is there any solution: or do I have to throw away my two BD Writers (from those years with frequent travelling I had two ones, my daughter used to use one to watch movies on DVD or Blurays .. ..)...

ULRICH_SW
Apprentice
Options

Obviously we may blame Microsoft for not cooperating with Samsung ... or Samsung for not cooperating with Microsoft ... - obviously those two enjoy to drive customers into the yard of Apple ....

ULRICH_SW
Apprentice
Options

Obviously we poor customers have to live with it ... - no reply ... no competence ... no interest ... no feeling guilty ... no feeling responsible ... just enjoying making profits ...

ULRICH_SW
Apprentice
Options

Samsung plays dead. - No responses any more? - It is the year 2020 now ... and still no solution to this ... poor little progress ...

Quidgebo
First Poster
Options

Mine works OK in Windows 10, yet it's very picky about the cable. The supplied cable worked yet is short. Others suggest using a Y splitter cable - as connects via 2 USB ports I suspect better power supplied along with data. Personally I found my son's Leap Reader USB lead works well - good, chunky cable and longer than the stock one. All others cables tried just failed to detect it.

Note some USB cables only send power to charge and not data so it won't detect. Windows 10 is tricky for Blu-ray movies so any player may need effort to allow disc security to work if a modern movie. Google "Win 10 AACS" for info.

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

Butta via il BD SE 506 e acquista un'altro masterizzatore nuovo.

0 Likes
winfan
First Poster
Options

What's the status of this issue? Mine no longer reads bluray after I upgraded the OS to windows 10. It still reads DVDs but not blu-ray. I have tried the Y-cable but there was no luck.

Saumsung, are you listening?