Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

(Topic created on: 22-03-2020 07:22 PM)
alex_74o
First Poster
Options

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

154 REPLIES 154
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

Hi, No, I tried but nothing does not work, it cannot work only for some users.
Regards

0 Likes
NNestor
Journeyman
Options

also ran into this problem. drive stopped working with bluray disks. DVD reads and writes as before, but there are no blu-ray. It’s sad that Samsung does not want to solve this problem

idaelvira
First Poster
Options

I have updated the driver but the Disk dosent play any disk!

What a mess. 😞

Gazzahuck
Student
Options

Can we have an update from Samsung Please    2 years is a long wait

starwarsnerd
Apprentice
Options

i just got this drive today second hand and the initial usb cable didnt work so switched it with a split cable and it burnt a bluray fine with imgburn, I am also able to play burnt and original bluray movies on my windows10 pc. Later I will connect this to see if it works as a standalone player. no complaints so far.

It just plugs and play, no drivers needed ?

0 Likes
StaffordSteve
First Poster
Options

I have read the thread from time to time once I realised my BluRay drive was working only for CDs and DVDs. I don't know whether I am now ahead or behind the curve, but I have just watched the Oscar-winning Lincoln BluRay version on my Microsoft Surface 3 laptop using my SE-506. The trick was to utilise the USB-C socket, which I haven't used before, instead of the older USB socket, to link the BluRay drive to the Laptop via an Advent hub (model AMHBCCPD19) which I bought at Curry's PC World. This arrangement must be providing enough power to run the BluRay drive, though why it was able to operate previously via my older USB socket on my previous laptop I do not know. In each case I was using the Leawo freeware program. Hope this helps others whose drive had refused to work any more. Not Samsung's finest hour. Now I aim to find out what happened to my Ultraviolet digital copy I had redeemed last year. Other films have survived, but Lincoln has vanished (at least I have my original disc and at last a drive that works)! Not you problem though!

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

I raised the white flag for a month and I try everything but nothing, I updated the firmware to TS001 as a last hope or decided to buy another burner, a greeting to Samsung of course.

0 Likes
GrahamT
Student
Options

Is there any update on this issue ? 

0 Likes
GrahamT
Student
Options

Any updates ???? 

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

No, no updates the discussion has been open for 2 years, samsung doesn't care.

Buying a new recorder is the only solution.

0 Likes