Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

(Topic created on: 24-02-2020 02:48 PM)
alex_74o
First Poster
Options

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

154 REPLIES 154
Micha_Err
Student
Options

i just burned a blu-ray with my SAMSUNG SE-506AB/TSWD (October 2011) with my Windows 10 Pro.

No Driver-Update and no firmware-update, since i boght this device. 

I had the same Problems like you all. But then i took a short USB-Y-Cable and two USB-Ports directly on the motherboard.

With burning-speed 2x and Ashampoo Burning Studio i just finished the second blu-ray. No errors at all and i can read all the data an the disks.  :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

I have the same PC since 2014 with W8, the PC has always been off the network, it has never been updated, I have 2 other PCs on the network the same OS and the same type of machine, the burner (year 2013 SE506BB) no longer works, I tried the various cables and USB ports but nothing, however, he reads the BluRays that he wrote, certainly not a good advertisement for Samsung, this can be said to be "planned obsolescence" I think Samsung could quickly solve the problem, but if he doesn't care, I don't think I'll be more interested in his products either.
I am Italian the English translation is done with Google translator.:smiling-face-with-horns::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I tried with the Ashampoo "Y" cable and at 2x speed, I have a PC with 1000 watts of power I don't think there is no power, but nothing works.:serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options
Samsung says nothing ?????
0 Likes
Richy22
Apprentice
Options

I think the level of interest shown by Samsung on this matter is pathetic! I bought my Blu-Ray burner in good faith that I'd have a long lasting product for years to come. I had hardly ANY use out of it and now all I've had is an expensive paper-weight for years instead. The drive was not cheap to buy! If there is no fix then we should all be compensated for the drive being not fit for purpose! We have waited long enough for an answer to this problem! 

0 Likes
Richy22
Apprentice
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all.

Apologies for the lack of update. Just to let you know we are still looking into this.

The investigation is proving to be a lot more problematic than we anticipated, as it turns out that Samsung sold this particular product line, support and knowledge base for it a while ago, and the company it eventually ended up at has gone into liquidation - making finding who owns the relevant info and support now and any answers for you very difficult. Despite that, we're still chasing this, and the matter is currently high up with main Samsung HQ. Thank you for your patience - and for your continued informative contributions.

What's the word Moderators? Are Samsung still ignoring us about this issue. It's been nearly 2 years since an update! 

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

We have to resign ourselves to throwing away the burner, sorry because I will have used it to burn about 10 discs, my burner still has protective nylon, I live in Italy and Bluray is almost forgotten in terms of consumer is a type of support that it will disappear from the market in a couple of years and will be replaced by the USB keys which, however, do not give sufficient safety over time.

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I am stubborn and I prepared a new hard disk with W7 / 64, and I tried to burn in Bluray, nothing to do, so the problem is not of the SO but as anticipated above, it is about "planned obsolescence" of the Samsung product.:serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

0 Likes
pioneer903
First Poster
Options

Similar case here. I am not able to write and even read any previously recorded BD disks on win 10. This is total garbage now. Bought it few years ago and was going to do all my video backups, but now i see that it was waste of money. I told myself once that I will never buy anything from samsung after bad experience with their support regarding samsung monitor. But i did buy it, and sumsung is failing on support again. Never again....

KubaPL
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone

First - sorry for my poor language.

You can download and install a free copy app for burning disc [also BR] - BurnAware Premium:

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/burnaware-premium/

0 Likes