Off Timer cannot be disabled on Samsung LS34J550WQ

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 11:53 AM)
venquessa
Apprentice
Options

I have set the following:

Eco Saving Plus - OFF

Off Timer Plus - Off timer OFF, Eco Timer OFF

However after about 2 to 3 hours the monitor informs me it will switch off and if I don't spot the pop up it does turn off.  It doesn't matter if I'm using it or not.

Is this a firmware bug?

Also... why does Samsung pretend my monitor doesn't exist?  The full model number is:

LS34J550WQUXEN 

But the website does not accept this.

10 REPLIES 10
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @venquessa ,

I can see that your monitor is listed on our website: https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/professional-sj550/ so I'm not sure why you are unable to find it.

In relation to the Eco Plus Saving feature, what devices do you have connected to it? Are you able to send us a picture of the pop-up message that you get? 

0 Likes
venquessa
Apprentice
Options
Hi,

When searching for support or to download drivers, where it asks you to enter the model number it says it cannot be found unless you delete the UXEN off the end. Though I'm not sure the drivers did anything it still shows as "Generic PNP Monitor" with 49Hz refresh.

The only device connected to the monitor is my PC with a Nvidia 1070Ti using a DP to HDMI Adapter for now until I get a new DP cable.

Next time I get the pop up I'll post a picture of it.
0 Likes
venquessa
Apprentice
Options

As you can see below, I et this pop up, even.. as the photos following it show ALL the off timers and eco timers are off.

IMG_20191213_122510084.jpg

IMG_20191213_122551872.jpg

IMG_20191213_122557570.jpg

IMG_20191213_122602391.jpg

venquessa
Apprentice
Options
So the phantom/bugged "Off timer" seems to be 4 hours. I logged in to start work this morning at 8:21 and at exactly 12:21 the monitor wants to turn off. It will now do it again at 16:21.

I realise it's not a major problem but it's annoying and it's either a bug or a Volkswagen style energy efficiency test defeat 'device' so no matter what the off and eco times are set to the monitor will switch off 4 hours into the efficiency test.
0 Likes
dpensox
Student
Options

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem as this, I'm connected via displayport.

Did you find a resolution?

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes
dpensox
Student
Options

I found a solution, it was to change the PC/AV to AV.

The monitor hasn't shut off since and I can't see any appreciable difference in the picture.

THanks

Dave

juanbretti
Student
Options

Same issue with the LU28R552UQRXEN. Any response from @samsung?

0 Likes
Kvizerad
First Poster
Options

Got same problem with LU28R550UQIXCI. Yet no solution from official Samsung.

0 Likes
juanbretti
Student
Options

For me, what it worked was:

• Manually enable the feature.
  • Set up any time to turn off the screen.
  • Disable the feature.

Hope it works for you too.