Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey G9 popping noises

(Topic created on: 05-10-2021 12:45 PM)
Twigman
First Poster
Options

I have owned my Odyssey G9 monitor since July 2020 when they were first released.

It suffers with the widely reported popping/clicking sound, examples of which can be seen in these videos from other users:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iex5x_XkVCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAKVaVJFaaQ

Judging from the comments this issue is widespread.

Some suggest that this issue will go away after a while. Well 15 months later I still have popping and clicking.

Is there any way to eliminate this popping/clicking sound?

Samsung did suggest I sent the monitor for inspection but I am reluctant to do that because it is so fragile and have no way to adequately pack it. I also cannot be without my monitor for any length of time and have no suitable alternative to use while I would be without it.

Is this an issue we are just expected to live with?

At the price Samsung charged for this monitor I would expect better - to release a monitor with such a flaw is appalling.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Twigman
First Poster
Options

tumbleweed.jpg

0 Likes
Desoter
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get a response from Samsung on this issue? I bought my G9 NEO in Feb 22, had to replace it a month later due to a bad panel. The replacement clicks all the time, I thought I had a bad connection to my center channel speaker.....

0 Likes
Twigman
First Poster
Options

No - never heard a thing.

I still have the monitor.

It still makes clicking sounds - often even after being turned off.

It's horrible but at least it's not my music computer - if it had been on my music computer it would have had to have been trashed by now - no way could i mix with all that popping and clicking going on.

This monitor looks good but there's no way it should have been released making that much (any is oo much ?) noise.

0 Likes
SquareOne14
Pioneer
Options

be careful, their monitors are not built to last, and they will try to screw you on warranty, mine started out with minor issues and now is half worthless, i would RMA if you can

0 Likes
mike2356
First Poster
Options

The same sounds were coming off my Neo G9 and then one day the screen cracked in the middle. It's a perfect vertical line of dead pixels. After trying to get it replaced or repaired for 5 months, it looks like Samsung won't repair or replace so I'm left with a $2000 paperweight on my desk... Shameful.

0 Likes
tyler463
First Poster
Options

hey, i've been scouring everywhere for an answer, and there seems to be none on the internet.  But I just found out if when I switch to 120 htz rrefresh rate, the popping noise stops.  This isn't the ideal answer, but Samsung just wants us to send this huge screen back, unfortunately I just narrowed down the noise to my monitor rather than my speakers, and my warranty ran out 3 days ago! Soo good luck!!

0 Likes
mike2356
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with the original G9 and the Neo G9. reducing the refresh rate helps with a lot of things but it really sucks that we have to cripple a very expensive, top-of-the-line device in order to get it working properly.

0 Likes
mitchallen
First Poster
Options

My G9 just suddenly made a crackling sound and went out.  Now I'm afraid to turn it back on.

0 Likes
aggrotubesock
First Poster
Options

bought 2x G7 monitors, at first no issues but eventually one started to have pops. initiated RMA, shipped for repair. packing slip said issue was validated, PCB and power adapter replaced. issue immediately returned. pops started on the second monitor in the meantime. Samsung refuses to offer any solution besides shipping out for another questionable repair likely with the same results, aka wasting even more of my time. they will give you the run around to bleed out the clock on your warranty. truly shameful customer service experience. i'll never buy another Samsung monitor, but thanks for the forum where we can come and commiserate over how you don't care about your customers.

0 Likes