Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey G9 aim point

(Topic created on: 01-07-2022 01:01 AM)
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Folks,

Not sure if this is an appropriate place for this, but can't seem to find a better fit.

The aim point is a great feature, and certainly customisable in terms of location, but given the very high resolution of the monitor the presets are quite large/obnoxious. 

Would it be possible to have some form of customisation or a greater range to choose from. I really only need a quite small singular dot, rather than the crosshairs that are on offer.

Ta,

David

19 REPLIES 19
Stav06
First Poster
Options

I honestly cant believe that these crosshairs were created by any gamer, they are awful. As already mentioned, a simple dot and thin crosshair would suffice. The option to change the colour, size and location is all that would be needed, a transparency adjustment would be a bonus. 

It seems to me as though they added the feature just to check a box without putting much thought into it and tbh I wouldn't of bothered as I cant see anybody using this feature with what is available. Its a shame as so far it the only negative I have with my new monitor.

I'm sure that this would not be a hard thing for Samsung to remedy in a update if they wanted to. I wonder if anyone at Samsung even reads these community posts?

0 Likes
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Odd isn't it. Such small tweak like adding transparency or a single dot would be such a god send. Surely they must read the forums, or having someone reporting on such things? How else do they do their bug fixing and whatnot.

0 Likes
Bloodshed Romance
Apprentice
Options

wait, they fix bugs? xD

No but seriously, other monitors have options to customize and upload custom ones... surly Samsung could do it with how big they are, they just choose not to.

0 Likes
Paulo Henrique
Apprentice
Options

I really think it is not odd at all for a company that shows no interest in making clear which are the proper channels to make contact. Quite sad...

0 Likes
Bloodshed Romance
Apprentice
Options

the clear method of contact would probably be their email support system to get directed help with an item.

0 Likes
Some Gamer
First Poster
Options

I would suggest emailing support, and a polite message to your regional CEO's Office (Go to samsung.com, in the footer under support click the link labeled "Email the CEO"). Here is an example of the message I sent:

To whom it may concern,
The Odyssey line of gaming monitors is know for its quality, however a quick Google search for "samsung virtual aim point" reveals that gamers are dissatisfied with a feature that your target market wants. There is consensus in the gaming community that the designs of both existing "Virtual Aimpoints" are simultaneously too large and cluttered to be usable as it covers up targets at a distance (photos attached, mouse cursor for scale). This in turn leads to needless loss of market share to competitors such as Acer, who offer gamers complete customization of virtual aim points on their own line of gaming monitors.

This issue can easily be rectified by Samsung at very low cost via a monitor firmware update. Simply replace the existing small and large virtual aim points with a more minimalist tiny dot • (no more than 3 pixels in diameter) and a larger cross + (with narrow 2 pixel wide lines) respectively.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
naxess
First Poster
Options

Bumping for awareness. Crosshairs are indeed super obnoxious. Simple dot please.

0 Likes
OxygenFree
Student
Options

This is quite the disappointment to say the least.

In the meantime I have contacted support and the statement was that there is nothing planned and nothing in works. For a premium product this is very disappointing. And for me definetly a criteria to pick something else for my next screen.

KLM515
Apprentice
Options

still no resolution... 😕

0 Likes
Turd Furgeson
Student
Options

It is unusable at this point. Simple red dot is all that is needed. As somebody here said, obviously the person responsible for this never played a video game.

0 Likes