Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey G9 aim point

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 07:12 AM)
odysseyenjoyer
Explorer
Options

Folks,

Not sure if this is an appropriate place for this, but can't seem to find a better fit.

The aim point is a great feature, and certainly customisable in terms of location, but given the very high resolution of the monitor the presets are quite large/obnoxious. 

Would it be possible to have some form of customisation or a greater range to choose from. I really only need a quite small singular dot, rather than the crosshairs that are on offer.

Ta,

David

19 REPLIES 19
MitchHunter
First Poster
Options

Hey booth have you found a fix for this, I have the same issue the crosshairs they use are very obnoxious and big all I need is a little dot or small crosshair or even just to make them fade a little. Let me know if you find anything useful  

OxygenFree
Student
Options

This seriously needs a fix/ more options. Whoever designed the virtual aimpoint is clearly not a gamer. This feature is next to useless in its current configuration 

Principle
Student
Options

Agreed, the dot needs to be like half the size and have an option to just be a dot alone.

Paulo Henrique
Apprentice
Options

Only a small do would suffice.

Khazad
First Poster
Options

I totally agree.

I would like to use the aimpoint in shooters like hell let loose. However, the lines are way too thick and i cannot use it, because if I do the aimpoint would fully cover my targets so that I can't see them anymore.

A really small dot would be sufficient.

There should be a way to include this in the next firmware update.

pawcket
First Poster
Options

Agreed.

I use the virtual aim point quite often when I'm not in PBP mode and they are quite large.. it could be just a dot with 50% transparency. Another idea would be to give users the option to pick from more aim points than just 2 types / allow users to upload their own through USB.

Bloodshed Romance
Apprentice
Options

Honestly it should be able to be done through a firmware update but I almost doubt it will happen. Ideally they would create a software to do custom ones we could upload on a usb drive then load onto the monitor but I doubt they would do it. 

My ideal one is a small like 1/2 or 1/4 the size of just the dot that comes with the monitors. Or a thin chevron.

Paulo Henrique
Apprentice
Options

It is quite sad there’s no real way to reach the dev team or to access the source code. The changes would be tiny.

Principle
Student
Options

They have to fix flickering and all the other issues first, this is way down on the list. There will be four new models with new issues before they ever get near this. You'll need to buy a new monitor.

They could allow you to create your own crosshairs....open source it.