Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Disabling 5G

(Topic created on: 07-01-2023 10:16 PM)
Bloodp83
First Poster
Options

Any idea why there's no way to disable 5G on any networks home routers??

Considering, there's no evidence proving 5G is any faster or better. I'd rather have 4G. 

Does anyone know how to have home WiFi with 4G only.? Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Home router tend not to have any G, so don't know what you're referring to

No anyG meaning no 1g,2g,3g,4g,or 5g

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
If your referring to 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz wifi bands then you need to open your routers setting and disable the auto (band connection) feature.

On my netgear nighthawk its called 'smart connect' (in the WiFi settings section) or something along those lines (It lets the router decide which band to put your device in), Disabling this will essentially give you two wifi access points that will be joinable. The 2.4Ghz band and the 5 along with two access point names.

You will need to make sure you set passwords for both points. This will allow you to choose which wifi band you want to join.

There is also lots of evidence showing 5Ghz is capable of faster transfer speeds, Running a speed test whilst conncted to each one will show this (providing you have speeds well over 300MB/s available to test).

As a rule of thumb 2.4Ghz has slower max speeds but cover a greater distance in signal and 5Ghz works the opposite way round (more speed less distance).

Anyway sorry for the long winded reply. If I understood your post correctly.. The setting your looking for is within your router settings.

If I've misunderstood, disregard my post lol.

All the best.
trojan75
Explorer
Options
Done and done no difference and that's the least of my concerns caused by this insane update including my details being leaked onto the net to me by Sansung themselves via a push notification they had discovered less than 2 days after having to give then All my devices codes given then tottal access to fix mirror funny how I can instantly cast from thecsane phone the sameTV when I use utube casting via pressing a single button
0 Likes
trojan75
Explorer
Options
And that's fibre test I I'm using the 38mMbytes per second which is the system your talking of and tt have told me is enough with plenty to spare it's their latest 4k router sentvthrough their latest 4k smartbox which allows ne to use both phone and TV to stream view and download or and a third system
0 Likes
trojan75
Explorer
Options
No thanks for taking the time to reply tbh 👏
trojan75
Explorer
Options
She wast talking to you by the way shouldn't you be at Sansungs office by now busily designing yet another Android update that ruins your customer's lives !
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Err nope, I dont work for Samsung, this is the Samsung Community site where everyone here are customers

I have not had any issues with the updates, they all be running on my phone just great
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No need to be rude!
Have a great day 🙂
Bloodp83
First Poster
Options

Thank for responding btw. I've actually disconnected the 5G on my Samsung no problem. It's my Spectrum home WiFi router that I'm hoping to be able to disconnect from. I'm thoroughly convinced 5G is no faster, better, or beneficial in any way. My research tells me 5G is quite harmful actually, regarding EMF and microwave rays produced by 5G is harmful and on purpose. When I asked Spectrum how to disconnect 5G, I'm told there is no way to do it. I find that puzzling and vindicating my suspicions. Sometimes I start feeling the 5G affecting my health and I want to go back to 4G. Because that doesn't feel as dangerous as 5G. Thanks again.

0 Likes