Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New monitor only showing color issues through display port

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 11:01 PM)
Sparrow_Advice
Apprentice
Options

Just recently purchased and installed a new "T55 27" LED 1000R Curved FHD Freesync" Monitor, and it was working just fine for about an hour before the entire display tinted pink-ish purple. (A link below to the specific product is below) I've checked just about everything and here's what I know-

1. display port cable itself is totally okay. I swapped the cable to test on a different monitor and it works fine

2. Drivers are all up to date and NOT the source of the issue. The tint started and persisted before, and after I updated the drivers.

3. Display and general health of the monitor is also fine! I've run the self diagnosis dozens of times, and checked/toggled every setting under the sun. The test screen used in the diagnosis shows perfectly ok colors, and no toggle-able setting seems to help. The HDMI port on the monitor is also completely normal and fine.

To sum up, Everything I've tried I can think of seems to do nothing, and while every individual component works totally fine in a vacuum- the sum of its parts seems to not quite create a whole here. My best guess at this point is that there's an issue with the hardware in the intake display port on the back of the monitor, but that's not an easy verdict to confirm, let alone fix.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-t55-series-27-led-1000r-curved-fhd-freesync-monitor-displayport...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Might be the AMD software. I don't have this particular model, but if it has internal settings on the panel, try going to the AMD Settings menu > Display > Custom Colour and turn that off
0 Likes
Sparrow_Advice
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much! this had me completely stumped. I appreciate it.

Sparrow_Advice
Apprentice
Options

thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
I'm glad it turned out to be that! No worries, enjoy your monitor :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Brainzzzzz
First Poster
Options

I dont want to dig out old topics, but I do have the same issue with an Odyssey Neo G9, and I can even replicate it when I use it in dual monitor setup with two inputs from one PC.

Alas, I have an NVIDIA, and not an AMD. I can't find the settings you describe in NVIDIA. Do you have any idea where to find it?

For all the future people looking for help: this is what it looks like on my monitor right at the split of left to right window.

BTW: I have switched ports and cables etc.

Screenshot 2022-12-15 153712.jpg

0 Likes