Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo G9 - losing connecting & freezing PC

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 03:03 PM)
Teletha
First Poster
Options

Hey 

i like many other have problems with the G9, i wonder if i should return it for a replacement

i only have problem with both my LG CX tv is connected along with the G9 monitor with the adaptive sync and vrr turned on in the monitor OSD.  if i turn the adaptive sync of it works without problems. 

question is if its a monitor flaw or something else

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
9junes
Student
Options

Hi there, I've just got a Neo G9 and have exact the same issue, have you end up finding a solution? Thansks

0 Likes
Teletha
First Poster
Options

Nope the monitor is cursed. If i wsnt stability for a longer period i have to set monitor refresh to 120hz then there is not a single issue. I have yet to try to turn of cpu cstates to see if that will effect the freeze kinda how linus techtips did in the resent video 

0 Likes
Teletha
First Poster
Options

What cpu and gpu do u have? 

0 Likes
9junes
Student
Options

I've got 5900X + 3080Ti (gigabyte xtream)+Corsair DDR4 RAM and a silver stone SFX100 PSU

I've tried lots of troubleshooting, including different NVidia drivers and monitor firmware, all the same, what fw you are using on neo g9? I've tried 1007 and 1008, both the same, mine comes with 1007,  when you PC crash, does it reboot it self or it completely freeze? 

I notice that there's 2 types of crash, one is a hard crash which happens very often like in every 1-3 hours, when it happens, the screen freeze or turn black lost signal, and my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard loose connections, SSD light on the case stop flashing and power button on the case doesn't work, I need to toggle the psu to get a reset.

Another type of crash is a black screen and only happens if I try to change setting from OSD, for example G Sync on/off, 120/240,  when it happens, all monitors go black, lost signal but PC is still responds to keyboard, although have to restart or sometime it restart itself.

I've also tried to turn off the slight overclocking for CPU and GPU, set ram to standard low hz,  I can see it makes it lightly better since I can get almost a day without crashing but eventually it will crash.

I have 3 monitors, G9+4K 60hz+1080P 60hz, I have crashing issues when I connect more than 1 along with G9, 120hz or 240hz, all crashes, have you been able to  get 120hz on G9 with one more monitor and been stable for a long period of time?

I've also notice that it seems that the more monitors I plug in, the more often it crashes, so it make me think it might be NVidia's problem?

I've been using the exact set up with another 49inch Samsung 120hz monitor (not G9, the black less fancy one) been long time never have any issue like this.

0 Likes
BuyukBang
First Poster
Options

I'm having very similar problem wih my G9 (not Neo) but my observations focused on G-Sync. This system freezes usually happen when switching from Gsync to no Gsync. I've G-Sync disabled for Desktop in Nvidia panel since it causes strange flickers. When I switch desktop from a running game who utilizes Gsync, sometimes, (like 3-4 times a week) I'm getting this freezes. Same also happens when manually disabling/enabling G-Sync from Nvidia panel too.

Note: I've only one input on my G9.

0 Likes