Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEO G8 anti Screen coating disintegrates from tiny water droplets on it or just dirty?

(Topic created on: 25-05-2023 01:45 AM)
Jeff52
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I own a G8 noticed there are some spots on it from an errant cough, but I cannot seem to clean it at all with a micro fiber cloth.   Does saliva remove the coating off this screen if it touches it?     I cannot tell if its dirty or just stripped off on the small spots where my errant cough landed some drops.  Mind you this you can only really see if the monitor is off or there is a strong glare from the sun through a window or when the screen is white you can see a small transparent spot. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi Jeff52 - firstly can I put a big disclaimer on this and would be a try at your own risk. Our LG TV screen had similar spot marks from our young grandson which microfiber cloth didn't remove - I breathed on them ( from up close so the screen misted slightly and immediately wiped gently with the microfiber and the spots came off ( I have also done the same on my phone screen when it has had little spots like that ) Also I don't know if the Samsung screen finish would be different to the LG but just a suggestion
0 Likes
Gimmicks
First Poster
Options

I too am noticing spots which could be due to an errant cough, were you able to clean these or have they become permanent?

0 Likes
Jeff52
First Poster
Options

No,  Glad someone else has some attention to detail here.  I tried water and microfibre.  They look Permanent to me.  Sadly "Don't cough or you will break it" how outrageous is this?  Let's start a class action lawsuit against samsung unless they make this right.  A few tiny water droplets from a small cough here and there is normal wear and tear and they need to make monitors more sturdy than getting damaged by that.

0 Likes
Members_3lNH0qY
First Poster
Options

Ive had this, i had some treble marks on my Neo G8 screen where i had coughed on it, i normally use a monitor cleaning solution called "Eco natural cleaner" its like a water solution but it would not remove them, a couple of smudge marks were really bad where i had coughed then wiped off with my finger thinking ill give it all a good clean later, well they left some really bad smudge marks that looked really horrible and after several goings over with the ECO monitor cleaner i was about to give up, then i remembered about my motorcycle helmet visor cleaner which is called "Muc off helmet and visor cleaner" i tried a little bit of this on the bottom corner edge of monitor to see if it would make things worse IE take off coating, it seemed fine, so i did the whole screen with it and now it looks like new, i did a quarter of the screen at a time wiping off with clean mico cloth before it had dried up, it removed all the cough marks and smuge marks and did not damage the coating and now my screen looks like new again, i hope this helps

0 Likes
Matrix0101
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I too just saw this problem on my screen and I couldn’t believe my eyes! I mean, now I can’t even have my kids near the screen because they spit too much when they talk! What is that about!!!

0 Likes