Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My laptop is stuck on the samsung start-up screen

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 10:34 AM)
mehigh1
Apprentice
Options
I watched some YouTube on my laptop and then I put it to sleep, a few hours later when I wanted to open it, it wouldn't pass after the Samsung screen and it just gets hot.
Has anyone got a solution to this?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried booting it in to recovery mode and going through the options from there , search online how to go in to recovery mode for your laptop
0 Likes
mehigh1
Apprentice
Options
Yeah tried that and also tried to reinstall the software but the laptop just didn't want to be helped so I took it back to currys and got an exchange. But after I left the laptop on charge and ***** down for like an hour it started working again but was very slow even though I had it for less than 2 weeks...
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
That's very strange, but then again I've seen Samsung laptops do weirder things
mehigh1
Apprentice
Options
yeah they're not the best at operating systems
0 Likes
DuffieTorino
First Poster
Options

Hi there! If your laptop is getting hot and won't turn on, there is likely a hardware issue. There are a few potential solutions to this problem. I had the same problem with good lightweight laptops for students. First, make sure that the laptop is plugged in and that the power cord is firmly inserted into the laptop. If the laptop is plugged in and receiving power, try holding the power button for a full minute. If the laptop does not have power on after this, try removing the battery and holding the power button for a full minute. Once the minute has passed, reinsert the battery and try powering on the laptop again. If the laptop still does not power on, it may need to be serviced by a qualified technician.

0 Likes
TomRog
First Poster
Options

Mine does the same thing. Samsung says it needs a new motherboard. They say it is liquid damage not covered by warranty. They want $1,110.31 to replace the motherboard.  I swear there is no liquid damage. Nothing was ever spilled on this laptop. 

After it was returned to me i bought a new motherboard for less than $200. instaled it myself. It did not fix the problem. I still does the same thing: When powering it on it desplayes the SAMAUNG logo and does nothing else. F2 ir F10 will not work. it is premantly stuck on the Samsung logo. 

SO... not only does Smasung not honor their warrenty but their diagnosis is wrong. 

Anyone have any ideas? besides the trash can? 

0 Likes