(Topic created on: 05-04-2023 12:39 AM)
W9387_
First Poster
Options

Updated to 7.3.0

It won't open. I have the following in the logs:

"_WINDOW process died, reason::launch-failed"

When running from command prompt, the following error appears after some time:

"[5808:0327/102752.512:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(521)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled, ANGLE is"

40 REPLIES 40
Athlonic
First Poster
Options

Same issue here...

Members_TsMpCQ8
First Poster
Options

Sadly this is not the first time the update has broken the software.

Conic
Student
Options

I've tried every update since 7.1.1. None will open a window on the desktop. 7.3 is no exception. I always have to uninstall the latest version and reinstall 7.1.1. 

0 Likes
Title35esq
First Poster
Options

Same here.  Luckily I had 7.1.1.820 in my download folder.  That version works fine on my Win10 laptop.

0 Likes
AMD718
Student
Options

Same here

0 Likes
Arctic_Hare
Explorer
Options

I am experiencing the same inability to launch the latest (7.3.0) version of Samsung Magician. In my case, I don't see any error msg when run from the Command Prompt or PowerShell. The app **bleep** an icon in the program tray, but doesn't properly start. The problem I am experiencing is similar to what is documented here: https://oofhours.com/2023/02/02/samsung-magician-wont-launch-heres-a-simple-fix/#respond

CoIIege
First Poster
Options

I keep getting the same recurring issue where Samsung Drive Dashboard feature update for 7.3.0 won't update at all no matter how many times I try and I'm stuck on 7.1.1. When I press update for Drive Dashboard feature update for 7.3.0 it says feature update is in progress then goes to scanning for drive information and never completes anyone know how to fix this SH**** A** SAMSUNG BULL****???

0 Likes
DrakeDouay
First Poster
Options

Just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3 and the software now doesn't launch. Went back to 7.2 and it starts up straight away.

0 Likes
Jacw1990
First Poster
Options

Still can't get it to load, i'm on win11. I've tried older versions back to 7.1 and i've tried the disable gpu sandbox and all it does is still load just a grey bar on my screen. Any fixes?

0 Likes